Base MAT All Maps messed up

My Base MAT All Maps file for Genesis 8.1 Male is somehow messed up.

When I click it, the figures eyes turn white and I get the following message:

The box is labelled Resource Error. It says:

Could not open file: /People/Genesis Male/Materials/Base Materials/Iray/Base MAT All Maps.duf

File does not exist.

If I Browse  with File Explorer to the location indicated and click it, it seems to load and the file has 3,1444 KB.

If I click the Base MAT All Maps in the Genesis 8.1 Female everything seems fine. 

How can I reset it?  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Daz Studio and the Genesis Starter files.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017
    What install method did you use?
  • I used Install Manager.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,331
    edited February 14

katherine_4a0d2c0d5e said:

I used Install Manager.

Okay. So open Install Manager and find the Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials. This is the pack that those textures come in.

Right-click the product > Show Installed Files.

Scroll down to Runtime > Textures and look for any of the Genesis 8.1 Male textures (DAZ/Characters/Genesis 8.1) and click on any of those 8.1 textures to open the folder so you can see if something's wrong. It's likely that something got moved inadvertently - something I find easier and easier with modern computers and their faster working. Just a subtle accidental mouse-click can send things fying sometimes without us even seeing it happen.

If all is not right in your Genesis 8.1 world - which it isn't - select that Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials in Install Manager and uninstall it. It will show up in Downloads if you delete files after Install, or it will show up in your Install tab if you don't delete. Either way, install the pack again. If you use multiple installation directories, make sure to put a check mark into "Show Details" and ensure you install it to the correct path - the pone where all of your Genesis figure exist.

I hope this helps!

DIM_ShowG8M_StarterTex.jpg
    1510 x 996 - 1M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited February 14

My bad. Using the same method above, you're not actually looking for texture maps, but the MATS All file, exactly as the message says, which can also be found using DIM if it is indeed installed.

DIM_ShowG8M_StarterMAT.jpg
    818 x 659 - 414K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited February 14

I used Install Manager.

Good. That is the best IMO. 
    Your original message says it can't find /People/Genesis Male/Materials/Base Materials/Iray/Base MAT All Maps.duf. "Genesis Male" is not the folder for materials for Genesis 8.1. base male character. Was that a typo on your part, or was that the real message you got?

If you open the Content Library pane and go to the folder shown in the attached screenshot, can you apply the Base MAT All Maps to Genesis 8.1 Male manually?

Screenshot 2024-02-14 125615.jpg
    679 x 895 - 132K
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

I used Install Manager.

Good. That is the best IMO. 
    Your original message says it can't find /People/Genesis Male/Materials/Base Materials/Iray/Base MAT All Maps.duf. "Genesis Male" is not the folder for materials for Genesis 8.1. base male character. Was that a typo on your part, or was that the real message you got?

If you open the Content Library pane and go to the folder shown in the attached screenshot, can you apply the Base MAT All Maps to Genesis 8.1 Male manually?

My Studio is tied up rendering, but when I checked DIM, that's where they get installed, as you can see in my (and your) screenshot

No. That's not what the screenshot shows. The screenshot shows Genesis 8 Male, not Genesis Male. The reported error message said Genesis Male (without the 8). I suspect it was a typo, but that hasn't been confirmed. If it was not a typo, then that leads the investigation in a whole different direction. We need to know.