Emissive Body Paint

How do I make an emissive body paint and or sparkle and glitter material for Genesis 9 Males and Females? Can I do this in DAZ Studio 4.22 or do I have to create the material in Photoshop? Cheers

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,213

Unless you want the whole body or one full surface to sparkle, you will have to create a mask (a black-white texture), to controle where you want the sparkle.

You can't create textures in DS-

• You can add a geoshell to a character. Make sure it has the uber shader applied (it seems to use the old shader by default) and then set the emission color to anything other than black and adjust brightness to your liking. Use a mask as felis said if you don't need the whole thing to be emissive.

• I would also like the genital area covered as well. ut it goes white or a weird colour! Cheers

If you apply a geoshell after you have added the genitals, it includes that as well.

What process are you using?

• So far I been using DAZ Products such as Full Body Glitter for Genesis 9 and 8.1 Females and Glittered Pinks for Genesis 8 Female. I did not have any luck with them so I tried to make my own in Photoshop with Sparkle and Glitter Brushes! It is a long process. I cannot see why I couldn't use the commercial products already made! Cheers

The commercial products will apply materials to the surfaces defined in the product. If the PA hasn't included materials for the genitals they will not be included.

Assuming you are using DS genitals, it can be bypassed by a UV swap, where you will use the material from the body on the genitals.