having trouble turning off centre chest breast smoother in clothing *solved*

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,961
edited February 17 in Daz Studio Discussion

...I've been running into an issue where some clothing has a preset breast smoother.  When autofit to character with a more petite bust size sometimes there is an unwanted bulge in the middle of the chest. (see attachment below). 

Some clothing content has a separate adjustment slider for it but apparently not all.   I have standalone utilities that eliminate the "shrink wrap" appearance and I checked though all the morphs for the character loaded in (both visible and hidden) to see if one was somehow active, but found nothing.  

This is somewhat frustrating  as I haven't seen it happen before.. 

The clothing on the character below is the Kawaii Overalls for Genesis 8 Female(s).

chest smoother test.jpg
741 x 1200 - 291K
Post edited by kyoto kid on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,321
    edited February 16

A commonly-seen issue on the figure with small / flat breasts ( with or without auto-fit) ... Fit Control, Breast Helper, Mesh Grabber,  Blender etc.... can be the way to fix it...

I personally prefer to fixing it in Blender, a free but the best way...

Besides, an alternative: since it's a dForce garment, reducing the value of Contraction-Expansion Ratio on the surface of Shirt before Simulation can also fix it to some extent.

SNAG-2024-2-16-0013.png
    2021 x 1398 - 2M
    SNAG-2024-2-16-0015.png
    2026 x 1399 - 2M
    SNAG-2024-2-16-0016.png
    2028 x 1393 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • GoneGone Posts: 833

Don't know if this helps, but if you have "growing up" and use the youth morph, a GU Clothing Support morph is automatcally applied to the figure (not the clothing) at the same strength as the youth morph. If you the apply further breast reduction morphs, the GU morph remains the same and causes this sort of bulge.

Depending on the figure, you need to reduce the GU to zero or to a suitable value to eliminate the bulge.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,961
    edited February 17

@ Crosswind ...I have both Fit Control and Projection Morph Master an neither really helped solve the matter completely.  Not proficient enough with Blender to fix it there. While the outfit is dForce, it is close fitting enough to use as conforming, I can also use Fit Control to make adjustments.  

I have avoided running dForce sims as lately they have been crashing the display driver on my old system.  When that happens I have to reboot the system to restore it.  It never used to do that, only the programme would crash.  This makes me wonder it may be a driver issue since I am on an older driver as my system is still running Windows7

@ Gone, ...thank you that worked. for this character  I didn't use the Youth Morph, but instead used the breast adjustment parameters from Girls for Genesis 8 Female and Breast Control.  I simply set the GU Clothing Support slider to 100% and the bulge disappeared. 

chest smoother test B.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 374K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on