New Free Digital Art Live series

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
edited March 5 in The Commons

Creative Cart is a curated exploration on a selection of recommended assets from the DAZ 3D store, designed to inspire, educate, and empower artists and creators of all levels.

Join us as hosts Paul Bussey and Dartanbeck showcase chosen assets that can serve as your building blocks for breathtaking digital art.

Creative Cart will provide you with a valuable resource for discovering tools that can bring your artistic ideas into reality. Through themed episodes, we’ll spotlight various genres and assets—be it characters, shaders, environments, scripts, clothing or props—ensuring every creator finds something that resonates with their personal artistic journey.

It’s also about interaction where we include a community section where you can share your favorite finds, and add to the conversation about how these assets have shaped your own creations; we’d love to get your insights and recommendations on assets that have made a difference to your artwork!

Ongoing FREE Digital Art Live Events

Keep an eye out for upcoming events - each is Free and will include a special sub forum at the Digital Art Live Studio forum as well as a dedicated page here, at Dartanbeck.com where you'll find links and information pertaining to each episode!

This is going to be a Blast!!!

Highlighted Assets

Our main feature will drive the genre of the episode

The Featured Highlight will be the main topic for the episode

The Animation Corner

In each episode we'll feature content that directly relates to animation

Animation packs, convertors, scripts or tools and content designed specifically for animation!

The Community Corner

Got a favorite figure, clothing asset, prop, environment or script to share/recommend to the group?

We’ll have a community section in each event where you can share your artwork/technique of using the asset during the session.

The image shown above is our first episode of the series and links to the web page for more details.

As they are webinars, you need to get a ticket but all tickets for Creative Cart are Free!

Here's a little teaser

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

Creative Cart

Webisode 002 - Pestryakov and the Dragon

See you there! :)

A fun little "Appreciation" story

DAZ Studio : The Creative Cart may be all about the cool stuff we get at Daz 3d - and endeavors to help all of us dust off what we have in our libraries and put them to creative, artistic use, but since it gives me the opportunity to promote it, it also opens up the ability to call out Thanks to the people involved it making it all happen.

Of course, we can't get that all done in a single video - heavens no! So I guess I'll have to keep making more and more videos! :)

This one shouts out appreciation to several people who actively helped this whole thing along. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I appreciate All of YOU!!!

edited May 4

The Creative Cart

Episode 003 - TangoAlpha Super Sets

Promo and Sign-Up info

The main Support Page for the Episode:

https://www.dartanbeck.com/creative-cart/tangoalpha-supersets

...which has a really cool subpage about The Admiral's Suite collection!

In this episode

we're gonna Dive into some of the Amazing Super Sets by Tango Alpha

...and talk about the rest.

The TangoAlpha store at Daz 3D.com is a wealth of high quality stages for our 3D scenes

His unique approach of delivering to us these amazing hands-on environments gives us an
    enormous opportunity to tell our stories.

It gives us great pleasure to granted the honor of having TangoAlpha himself on the show
    with us! 

It's going to be an Art Extravaganza and you're invited to attend!

So join us on this grand exploration within The Creative Cart

Digital Art Live

Dartanbeck

and Daz 3D

See you there!!! :)

Making the music - I love making music for my usual videos - but for each of these I create all new music. 

I will use the music elsewhere from here on out, but each epsiode's promo gets brand new music, specifically for it.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,560

Thanks for all the video's and tutorials, it is much appreciated.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Thanks for all the video's and tutorials, it is much appreciated.

It's truly my pleasure! Thank You! :)

edited May 30

Saturday June 15 - Episode 004 - The Amazing Predatron

Join hosts Paul Bussey and Dartanbeck on “Creative Cart,” where we explore essential assets that can transform your digital art projects. Each episode is themed to highlight a DAZ vendor as well as a range of assets and tools—including characters, shaders, environments, scripts, clothing, and props—tailored to enrich your artistic endeavors!

“Creative Cart” is more than just a showcase; it’s an interactive platform. We feature a community section where you can share your own artwork, recommend your top asset picks and engage in discussions about how these tools have influenced your creations. Get ready to share and show; jot down artwork you’d like to screenshare, helping other artists learn from your creative projects.

Journey Through 20 Years of 3D Magic with Predatron

Join us in celebrating Predatron, a household name in the DAZ 3D community. With a career spanning nearly two decades, Predatron has been a cornerstone of the DAZ store since 2004. His dedication and artistry have enriched the DAZ ecosystem with hundreds of high-quality products, captivating countless 3D artists.

Predatron’s journey began with a nudge from his wife Diane, already established at DAZ 3D, igniting his passion for 3D modeling. Merging iconic movie titles “Predator” and “Tron,” Predatron crafted a unique artist name reflecting his creativity and love for the fantastical.

A generalist with a penchant for grungy medieval styles, Predatron draws inspiration from a myriad of sources — from architecture and nature to Tolkien and artists like John Howe and Boris Vallejo. His creative process often skips traditional sketching, diving straight into 3DS Max or Blender.

Predatron’s work has evolved over the years, gaining confidence and refinement through experience. His creations, such as the beloved “Ye Olde Library,” blend meticulous detail with imaginative design. Despite his extensive experience, Predatron remains dedicated to updating his older products, ensuring they leverage the latest DAZ Studio advancements.

When he’s not crafting stunning 3D assets, he enjoys Cornwall’s coastal beauty, local cuisine, and working on his fantasy trilogy.

Join us in this exclusive focus into Predatron’s creative world, exploring highlights from his product range, and gain insights from his wealth of experience.

During the session Dartanbeck will delve into a world of mythical creatures and heroes with highlights including the fearsome Troglodytes, mischievous Goblins, and the formidable Angor (Beastmen). He’ll look at some of his favourite Predatron environments.

Predatron LoREZ Products

We’ll also look at the super-useful LoREZ product series:-

Lorenzo LoREZ is a versatile bundle offering various ethnicity skin tones and a broad selection of clothing, alongside extensive morph options for shaping and customization. It provides an easy-to-use, low-resolution figure ideal for diverse character creation, from humans to creatures.

Loretta LoREZ mirrors Lorenzo’s features, supporting a wide range of shapes and skins while being resource-efficient, making them perfect for populating scenes without taxing system resources.

LoREZ Masked Hero enables easy creation of superheroes, with options for further customization. It’s compatible with Lorenzo, enhancing diversity for star ship crews or other character needs.

LoREZ Horse 2 is an upgraded low-resolution horse model with high detail and compatibility with existing animations, complemented by a textures add-on.

Predatron’s LoREZ Animals Bundle includes light-on-resources, versatile animal models like dogs, pigs, a crow, a rat, and a cat, each packed with morphs and textures to fit various needs in your scenes.

Fantasy Realms : Community Challenge

Using Predatron’s 3D assets, create a scene that captures the essence of fantasy — be it mystical forests, enchanted castles, or taking advantage of one of the many mythical or fantasy creatures by Predatron.

Share your masterpiece in the Digital Art Live STUDIO forum - DAZ Studio - The Creative Cart.

Have you used any of Predatron’s assets in your scenes already?

If so -we’d also love to see your creativity with these – share your work during the webinar!

Let your imagination run wild and join the adventure!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,560

Will probably be a good idea to give a reminder just before the 15th

edited June 27

The Creative Cart - Episode 004 - The Amazing Predatron

What a Blast!!!

We really dove into Lorenzo LoREZ in a big way - showing how nicely we can make really nice Iray materials using the beautiful maps that come with any of the LoREZ line of figures - and in doing so, we explored several ways for Iray as well as rendering in Iray, but using the preset materials still in their 3Delight format, making a few little tweaks to make them look pretty darned nice!

I find it absolutely amazing how much we get with that one purchase of Lorenzo and/or Loretta - and each of the packs that came afterwards using them as their base are stunningly great deals - great figures to use all over our scenes!

Thanks to all of you who came - it was an honor hanging out with you all - sharing my enthusiasm which all comes from just having So Much Fun with Daz 3D content in Daz Studio!

So Much Fun!!!

edited June 27

Digital Art Live 

is all about Artists sharing with Artists to provide inspiration, techniques, investigations into future and past technology that help us grow in this incredibly diverse industry - Creating Art - no matter the medium.

The Creative Cart is a series that focuses on Daz 3D store assets in Daz Studio - exploring imaginative ways to use and render these assets while introducing the content more fully than what one might garner from the brief store descriptions.

Each Live Episode is Free to join

- which gets us Full Access to a webinar that invites Q&A, the sharing of community art, guest artist appearances - all during a Daz Studio experience that has been visually prepared ahead of time to alleviate slow processes and crashes, etc., entirely from the main body of the show - which is presented live, during each session, by Dartanbeck and Paul Bussey.

The episodes are then made available to collect from the store at Daz 3D.

Each episode also offers special "Paid" versions that grant the whole recording of the show.

The experience has been Fantastic so far, and we're only four episodes in - and the next is going to be a real blast with the featured artist, Kara Pitat, joining us to share some insight and just have a ball along with the rest of us.

I'm So Excited about this!!!

Kara Pitat (formerly known as "Rane") has been one of those Daz 3D Artists that I've followed closely, and collected nearly the entire offering in the store - these models are So Cool and a Lot of Fun to work with!!!

As I work out my presentation ideas and begin rendering out content for the show, I begin the support page for the episode.

Digital Art Live has a special place for the discussion for the whole show as well as the individual articles and I have special web pages on my site for the whole series as well as each individual episode.

As all of these things grow, the whole Creative Cart system becomes more and more valuable as a resource of inspiration and artistic growth - and did I mention that it's a Lot of Fun?!!!

At Dartanbeck.com:

For all of these episodes - I'm working with content that I Love to buy and use, in ways that I Love to work - and I'm fortunate 

enough to be able to give this whole show the equivalent of a full-time job, with overtime - so getting to meet these artists via texting and otherwise is a Huge honor for me - for I absolutely Love the art that they help me create!

I know how to model. I understand the process and have some experience with rigging. I got started into 3D by working with texture maps vs UV Coordinates, and editing it all to get the models looking right. The experience of learning these things has been a real treat - and knowing these (and more) professional practices grant a better understanding of what this content actually is, which helps immensely with Not breaking the system and figuring out creative ways to work with it all throughout my adventures.

Okay, after that whole mouthful

all-in-all, just through the way I present this stuff in Daz Studio always brings up my unique style in some of these techniques that have been very well received by artists that I truly admire - which is yet another honor for me.

As the show progresses - even through just these first four - I can already clearly see that this series is going to be fun to collect and watch again for some fun information that can be helpful and entertaining, colorful and, like I said before: each show is carefully planned to reduce the down-time of lengthy processes, so we can cover more ground and have more artistic interaction together in each show. It's really a Blast!

Ravnheart, DzFire, Reisormocap, Riversoft Art, Andrey Pestryakov, MysticShard, SimonWM, TangoAlpha, Predatron... and now Kara Pitat - and Linday was excited to hear that their amazing assets will be demonstrated at various times throughout the series - as we'll start to see with other artists as well... this, to me, is like living within a really cool dream!

I get to hang out with all of you!!!

which is truly an honor. The artists that hang out here are magnificent and I've had a great time ever since I've discovered Daz 3D.

So I've made the first little compilation teaser for these first four episodes and I can't wait to see how this sort of thing will grow and change as this exciting series progresses. I mean... my mind and artistic muscle-memory are filled with ideas aplenty, and the Daz 3D store, which all of this is about, is one of the most inspirational places on the world wide web - this thing can only keep getting better and better and, like I said before - I think that this series will make for a really cool program to sit back and enjoy as the number of volumes increases - I'm already starting to watch them over again just for fun! 

Enjoy this little teaser for Episode 1-4 of The Creative Cart!

The same cover art for the video, this is another teaser for the series which also includes parts from the upcoming Episode 005

Saturday, July 13th, 2024

The Creative Cart - Episode 005 - Kara Pitat's Adventurer's ToyBox

Join us to explore the captivating art of Kara Pitat, available exclusively at DAZ3D.com. This episode takes an in-depth journey through Kara Pitat’s extensive catalog, showcasing the incredible versatility and beauty of these assets.

We’re thrilled to announce that Kara Pitat will be joining us live! This is a unique opportunity to learn directly from the artist and gain insights into the creative process behind these stunning pieces.

While Kara Pitat’s assets are known for their visual appeal and user-friendly presets, we’ll be delving even deeper. We’ll uncover the meticulous craftsmanship and intricate details that make these assets perfect for both still renders and animations. Each kit is packed with hidden features and creative potential, waiting to be discovered!

an Hour and a Half till the Show!!! It's going to be a Good One!!!

Oh My! Its... Its...

The AntFarm!!!

Episode 006 - Adventuring The AntFarm

Broadcasting Live on Saturday, August 17th

See the Episode Page at Dartanbeck.com

Dartanbeck Explores some of The AntFarm’s Huge Catalog!

The AntFarm is an incredibly versatile digital artist known for creating an extensive array of 3D models that span across various genres, primarily focusing on sci-fi, fantasy, steampunk, and dystopian themes.

His work includes highly detailed characters, creatures, vehicles, and environments that cater to both modern and historical settings!

The AntFarm’s models are super popular in the DAZ3D community for their creativity and attention to detail!

As long as I've been using Daz 3D, if been a Big Fan of the artist that goes by the name of: The AntFarm!

Imaginative, realistic-yet-somewhat-unreal 3D assets that are just as fun to work with as they look - and they look Awesome!!!

Having such a massive, long-running store at Daz 3D, in any single episode we can only explore a glimpse of what this incredible artist has to offer. Since I've loved these assets right from the very beginning, this episode will be adventuring through the years - looking at this and that throughout the history of the Daz 3D store - a little legacy, a bit of the newer, and everything else will be somewhere in between.

Rather than having such a historic adventure evenly spaced throughout the timeline, we're going to jump around a bit - not to be confusing, but to show how cool this stuff is - regardless of its date of release. For that is how I see these creations - Excellent Assets that are to Be Used As Needed - rather than even considering when they were made.

I think you'll agree once you see it that this is the better approach to take here.

edited September 16

A Word from Dartanbeck

I Love being able to pour my enthusiasm out into a Live show like this!

I cannot thank Paul Bussey at Digital Art Live, and Daz 3d enough for this Wonderful opportunity!

I am an avid shopper at Daz 3D.

I do this because I want to continually grow my 3D asset library so that I always have something that I can use to bring my inner vision to the screen.

The process of "Wanting to bring my inner vision to the screen" is Constant for me. I'm Always working out an animation, and the animation needs:

• The Actor 
    • What they're wearing
    • What they're doing
    • Where they are

Eventually, the more I assemble these things, the more I get used to the Vastness of my Content Library as I get more and more accustomed to products that consistently fulfill certain needs - like specific hand tools, wall vignettes, tables, consoles, different types of chair...

I also get more and more familiar with those things that we just load and everything just falls into place - I don't even need to think about lighting. Just add the action and render.

Some things are perfect for nearly any situation. Some are perfect for one-off renders - renders which can be used for many entirely different scenes that I might make years from now along with my current project. I run across these things and don't quickly forget them. Sometimes I even set them up exactly how I think I want to reuse them and save them to my own special part of my library... it's a constant whirl of 3D Fun!

Talking about these things in the forum is one thing. Writing articles on my website is like that, but with a lot better graphics. Being able to go Live with people and interact with them while I demonstrate these things... well that truly is a wonderful thing... and I Love It!!!

This is kind of a feel for the show. The promotional videos are another step of the visualization of the show - not the show itself. This video has tid bits from the show blended with parts of some of the promos, which I think makes a nice little view of at least the flavor of what we do - even though there's so much more.

edited September 19

Episode 007 - A Special Tribute to Jack Tomalin

Coming This Sunday!!!

Jack Tomalin is another one of those names that has Always been synonymous with High Quality. Ultra-High Quality, in fact!

Paul and I thought it would be fitting to pay homage to the history of such a talented and generous 3D artist, who has stuck with us as a leader in the Platinum Club, which has grown into what is now the Daz + Membership - offering up his high-end kits at those incredibly low prices to help us get an amazing library of Great content assembled in a very short time.

These kits are truly stunning.

They usually also come with all of the various individual parts that are created to build the full kit, so that we can easily use them for purposes other than the intended piece, which is always a big plus.

Such a diverse selection of assets that have been produced over such a long time span - probably since the inception of Daz 3D itself!

Check out the Episode page at Dartanbeck.com

A little Sneak Peek at what's to come in Episode 007 - A Special Tribute to Jack Tomalin!!!