Texture Booster (Commercial)

2»

Comments

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited March 14

V3Digitimes said:

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

I'm curious if Texture Booster can work with surfaces that have been prossessed by OsoBlendy, such that I could change the part of the surface's blocks that got added by OsoBlendy without changing the part that wasn't. or change the part that was there originally without changing the parts that OsoBlendy added.

I don't own this shader, so I cannot answer on this specific point. I have not made shader restrictions in the script to keep the maximum of compatibility with other shaders. The clues I can give is that the booster acts on two properties, each of them being identified by their name (take care, not their label, their name, and you can see the name using the surfaces editor, using the little wheel on the right of a property slot, clicking on paramters settings), the first one being Diffuse Color (generic name for the properties labelled Base Color or Diffuse Color in a lot of case), the second one being Translucency Color. Then the properties must be mappable and mapped (you can set a white map if you want to use the dials to access unlimited RGB), with "the full" image editor options (Gamma, Type, Scale.., which is not the case for old non iray shaders). So it will depend how the shader you mention was built.

OsoBlendy works by inserting additional pieces-parts onto the relevant surface, mostly each are something with the same name as the original pieces-part but with a 2 on the end, i,e, Base Color 2, Glossy Layered Weight 2, and so on.  Fundamentally I'm asking, does your program recognize, and let me select, say, Glossy Layered Weight 2 and exclude the original Glassy Layered Weight pieces-part when I want to adjust things on that surface?

OsoBlendy1.png
    500 x 1050 - 71K
    OsoBlendy2.png
    500 x 1050 - 72K
    OsoBlendy3.png
    500 x 1050 - 79K
    Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,105

Ok I just checked my scripts after reading your post. The script searches for the properties with the exact names or labels, meaning that it is not possible for you to choose specifically which property you want to be modified by the booster (looking for properties by Names) or by the gloss script (looking for properties by Labels). The only way to use the scripts the way they currently are in order to access the second layer of the specific shader mixer shader you mentionned would be to swap (or set up) the properties names and labels directly on the shader via the surfaces editor (using the wheel and parameters properties), but I never tried to do that before so I'm not sure Daz Studio will allow that without complaining. Sorry about that :(

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

Just getting a chance to play with it now :)

Quick question - in a future update, is it possible to allow for the user to enter specific values on the Texture Booster pop-up window (like your Ultimate PBR & Iray apps do)? Often I test a lot of different options before I get want I want and the sliders can be clunky when you want to switch different values quickly.

Thanks!

• V3Digitimes said:

Ok I just checked my scripts after reading your post. The script searches for the properties with the exact names or labels, meaning that it is not possible for you to choose specifically which property you want to be modified by the booster (looking for properties by Names) or by the gloss script (looking for properties by Labels). The only way to use the scripts the way they currently are in order to access the second layer of the specific shader mixer shader you mentionned would be to swap (or set up) the properties names and labels directly on the shader via the surfaces editor (using the wheel and parameters properties), but I never tried to do that before so I'm not sure Daz Studio will allow that without complaining. Sorry about that :(

Oh well, maybe in a future updated version you can add that.  In the meantime, I can have the shader details that are the equivalent to the OsoBlendy-added bits on another surface, change them there, then manually copy the changes over to the OsoBlendy-added parts.  I had to manually add the fabric textures (that were on the original bits) onto the OsoBlendy-added bits of that example shader anyway.  Mainly I was just hoping for a way to make the OsoBlendy-added parts look very very wet.

evacyn said:

Just getting a chance to play with it now :)

Quick question - in a future update, is it possible to allow for the user to enter specific values on the Texture Booster pop-up window (like your Ultimate PBR & Iray apps do)? Often I test a lot of different options before I get want I want and the sliders can be clunky when you want to switch different values quickly.

Thanks!

You are the second one to add this feature, so I guess this is important. I will have a look at what are the exact consequences of having the dials text editable in the booster, (I don't remember the exact reason why I removed this feature, but there is a reason since in all my scripts I activate it by default -  I know there is a reason for the Gamma which reacts only at the end of a dial edition, but for the others I have to check).

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

V3Digitimes said:

Oh well, maybe in a future updated version you can add that.  In the meantime, I can have the shader details that are the equivalent to the OsoBlendy-added bits on another surface, change them there, then manually copy the changes over to the OsoBlendy-added parts.  I had to manually add the fabric textures (that were on the original bits) onto the OsoBlendy-added bits of that example shader anyway.  Mainly I was just hoping for a way to make the OsoBlendy-added parts look very very wet.

Doing this as an option for the current gloss scripts would be difficult, because I think that all the keyboard shortkeys I am able to implement to launch scripts with option are already in use (control, shift, alt). If I find a way to add a new shortkey, this could be done I think. Otherwise it would mean additional scripts (and I would not like them to be confusing for users), or I could add this option in the booster options scripts, if I have enough room for that... I don't promise anything except that I'll have a look at the existing options to make it even more customizable with a total freedom on the properties modified.
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
    edited August 3

I love your Texture Booster script, it is very useful in so many ways!

Could I ask for an update so that Texture Booster will also handle Omni hair shaders so we can conveniently change Omni hair colors with sliders?

Thanks for making such a great product!

Post edited by RexRed on
    edited August 3

Thanks a lot, I'm happy you love it!

I'll have a look how Omni hair are exactly build in order to see if and how it is possible. For now i'm struggling to finish ASAP two big projects and promo imagery for september, but I'll have a look just after those projects are submitted (normally in about ten days if everything goes as expected).

I'll take this opportunity to also post updates on other products that are already "ready" (implemented), but that I never submitted by lack of time/people/time to find or contact peopleto beta test them.

edit : and this specific Booster update should also include "text editable" values for most of the booster dials - they were implemented, never submitted for the reason mentioned above.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,368

V3Digitimes said:

For now i'm struggling to finish ASAP two big projects and promo imagery for september, but I'll have a look just after those projects are submitted (normally in about ten days if everything goes as expected).

Intriguing smiley

DoctorJellybean said:

V3Digitimes said:

For now i'm struggling to finish ASAP two big projects and promo imagery for september, but I'll have a look just after those projects are submitted (normally in about ten days if everything goes as expected).

Intriguing smiley

ahah! I won't spoil anything...