JepesPlatezII

WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Apologies if this is the wrong place to make a query..

Just bought this as making fire and smoke is a real pain, I don't do it very well and the render times are horrendous. The download is 2 executables but they are both identical and I've ended up with about half of the textures. I'm guessing there should be 2 different executables - has anyone else bought this one?

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,877
    edited December 1969

Wouldhe said:
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to make a query..

Just bought this as making fire and smoke is a real pain, I don't do it very well and the render times are horrendous. The download is 2 executables but they are both identical and I've ended up with about half of the textures. I'm guessing there should be 2 different executables - has anyone else bought this one?

I've got one executable for PC and one Zip for Mac in my account and nothing else. I've got 174 texture files in "Runtime/textures/Jepes PlateZ II", which looks to be what the ReadMe file list seems to say there should be. And 250 PP2 (poser props) files in "Props/Jepes PlateZ II". (I have no idea what shows up in Smart Content; I don't use it.)

What are you seeing?

• WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Yes, pretty much the same. A lot of the props don't work (probably 250-174 of them) because the texture file is not available and I think the intention is that the package is split over 2 installers but we only have 1 of them. I raised a support ticket and will post when I get a response.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,877
    edited December 1969

I finally got around to testing the product, and I'm running into the same issue as you. For example, texture JPlateZ435.jpg, attached to the prop with the same name, is missing completely.

Have you heard anything back yet?

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 873
    edited December 1969

I too only have one installer for the PlateZ II, but there are supposed to be two, the second with the rest of the obviously missing textures. I thought that second installer would be built before the release. I send Q/A a note now and hope that they can fix this as soon as even possible. I'm really sorry for the problems.
    Jepe

edited December 1969

For those who want to fix it instantly, drop me a message here and I give you a download link for the missing rest of the textures.

• WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Hi Jepe,

Thanks very much for the response (and link). I pretty much guessed that it was a packaging problem rather than the product which is pretty cool and allows effects that I just don't have the processing power (nevermind the skill) to do.

edited December 1969

I'm glad I could help and I'm very sorry for the hassle. Hope you will have fun with your new effects.
    Greetings,
    Jepe

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

oh glad to know I'm not the only one having problems.

edited December 1969

I'm sorry to say, but I still don't have confirmation that the installers are available now, I contacted DAZ Q(A three times now! :(

edited December 1969

Good news, the installer was updated now and downloads can be reset. Still only one installer now, but named 14921_JepesPlateZII_1.1_dpc.exe now - in any case someone's wondering. :) I tested it and all textures are included as well as all props. :)