Clown Classics for G9 [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,868

Clown Classics

https://www.daz3d.com/clown-classics-for-genesis-9

Lol and Har are your favorite classical clown duo, bringing joy and hi-jinx wherever they go.

Though who knows what secrets are hidden behind all that clown makeup?

Two full-body character shaping presets can double the fun of this set, each with its own unique CBS to make posing look perfectly natural.

Many different classical clown makeup styles with different masking levels to adjust the coverage of the makeup will add a lot of versatility to these characters. Using the "Makeup" channel on the shader allows these makeups to be applied to any of your favorite characters (that use a matching shader), not just LOL and Har,

Clown Classics comes with High Definitions morphs, Ultra Realistic textures, and dForce Eyebrows to really bring this character to life for your renders

What's Included and Features

• Clown Classics for Genesis 9: (.DUF)
    • Clown Classics Character Preset
    • Two Clown Classics Shaping Presets (Lol Shape and Har Shape)
    • Clown Classics dForce Eyebrows
  • Material Options:
    • One Full Skin Mat with Male Anatomical Elements
    • Two Face Material Presets with and without Brow textures
    • Seven Makeup Material Presets
    • Five Makeup Coverage Amount Masks
    • Six Eye Material Presets
    • Six dForce Eyebrow Material Presets

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,699

Love these guys (and the names too - Lol and Har laugh - works both for the laughs and the reference - genius!)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,868

Silent Winter said:

Love these guys (and the names too - Lol and Har laugh - works both for the laughs and the reference - genius!)

Thanx.....I am glad the name references were not just clever in my head LOL

• Looks great! - Any suggestions for genesis 9 clown costumes?

Just a heads up...my "Clown Classics" set was pulled from the store.

It will be re-branded as "Clown Carnival" and people who bought the classics will be getting the new updated version free.

The shader setup has been updated on them and maps that were subjectively too close to IP looks have been removed and replaced with a more generalized clown look.

These things happen, easier to just play along I guess

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,795

oops. har har har .. LOL When will they return?

daveso said:

oops. har har har .. LOL When will they return?

I just finished the remake and uploaded...so still needs to go through testing and such....so still a few weeks off i think

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,175
    edited August 14

Clown clan bundle - old and still fun.

Post edited by Torquinox on
    edited August 16

RawArt said:

It will be re-branded as "Clown Carnival" and people who bought the classics will be getting the new updated version free.

The shader setup has been updated on them and maps that were subjectively too close to IP looks have been removed and replaced with a more generalized clown look.

That's a shame, and sorry to hear you've had to do more work on this. I appreciate the notice. Looking forward to seeing the revamped version :)

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Darn I was going to buy. They looked like clowns from before 1930 as I don't understand how thy could be IP. I will buy the new one instead.

• nonesuch00 said:

Darn I was going to buy. They looked like clowns from before 1930 as I don't understand how thy could be IP. I will buy the new one instead.

A Clown's Face/MakeUp/Mask is actually a registered trademark; I had the item on my wishlist and when it disappeared I suspected it may have been an IP Issue, not that I recognised them mask, it's the names "Lol and Har" in the item description that triggered my suspicion.

there were a couple paint versions loosely based on the Joker...those are what had to go

• RawArt said:

there were a couple paint versions loosely based on the Joker...those are what had to go

Looking forward to their return (sans IP)

edited August 18

paolo_35229750 said:

nonesuch00 said:

A Clown's Face/MakeUp/Mask is actually a registered trademark; I had the item on my wishlist and when it disappeared I suspected it may have been an IP Issue, not that I recognised them mask, it's the names "Lol and Har" in the item description that triggered my suspicion.

No, trademarks just don't magically happen. You have to fill out official government paperwork in the USA, file that paperwork, and pay one or more fees to get the clown face, and name of the clown face 'product' trademarked. 

What you are thinking of, that is automatic, is copyright.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

nonesuch00 said:

paolo_35229750 said:

nonesuch00 said:

No, trademarks just don't magically happen. You have to fill out official government paperwork in the USA, file that paperwork, and pay one or more fees to get the clown face, and name of the clown face 'product' trademarked. 

Different in different countries then. There's Trademark and Registered Trademark where I'm from. The latter being the more secure, but the former being just fine (and legally actionable) if you can prove you've been using it to identify your brand. Daz will likely look at the US law on such things, but just FYI that it's different elsewhere.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644

RawArt said:

Clown Carnival has now been been added to my product library. Thanks. However, I don't see it available for purchase in the store. 

^Yeah, it's top of my product library (like it's a new purchase) but no link to a store page. Maybe it's not 'live' for the store yet?

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 746

Silent Winter said:

nonesuch00 said:

paolo_35229750 said:

nonesuch00 said:

Different in different countries then. There's Trademark and Registered Trademark where I'm from. The latter being the more secure, but the former being just fine (and legally actionable) if you can prove you've been using it to identify your brand. Daz will likely look at the US law on such things, but just FYI that it's different elsewhere.

There's Trademark (tm) and Registered Trademark (R-in-a-circle) in the US, too. The registered one is the expensive one that you have to fill out forms and provide proof and file with the government, and then renew at specified intervals. Both are legally actionable, but the latter one is easier (and "cleaner" if that makes sense) to defend, and if you have the (R) after your stuff, people might be less likely to mess with it than just using a TM. (Source: I have a registered trademark, so have been through the process.)

Charlie Judge said:

RawArt said:

Clown Carnival has now been been added to my product library. Thanks. However, I don't see it available for purchase in the store. 

They are likely giving everyone who bought it the update a day early to help make sure there will be no confusion (well, I am sure there will still be confusion, but hopefully less confusion)

SilverGirl said:

Silent Winter said:

nonesuch00 said:

paolo_35229750 said:

nonesuch00 said:

There's Trademark (tm) and Registered Trademark (R-in-a-circle) in the US, too. The registered one is the expensive one that you have to fill out forms and provide proof and file with the government, and then renew at specified intervals. Both are legally actionable, but the latter one is easier (and "cleaner" if that makes sense) to defend, and if you have the (R) after your stuff, people might be less likely to mess with it than just using a TM. (Source: I have a registered trademark, so have been through the process.)

OK, thanks for clarifying that for me. I was looking at registered trademarks that day then.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 407
    edited September 7

Saw and downloaded the "Clown Carnival" product in DIM a few minutes ago. Thanks for your post, RawArt, or I'd have been really confused since I know I didn't buy any product with that name.

Coincidentally, I only just yesterday used Lol and Har in story renders for the first time (having bought the original product when it came out; it's been waiting for its moment since then). But I didn't put any makeup on them so I have no fear of IP issues; I was using them for other purposes. I may need them in the story again later, so it'll be interesting to see what my saved scene subset of the two figures does when I try to reload it. (Not a big deal though, there were no customizations and I can always load them from scratch and dress them again).

EDIT: In fact, if you already owned Clown Classics and you take the install of Clown Carnival, it will APPEAR that they install side-by-side; the old product is not deleted in your Content hierarchy. I say "appear" because RawArt has changed the mats in [textures]/RawArt/G9ClownClassic, and both the old and new set of content-load icons load from that directory. That is, both products are still listed, but they load stuff from the same place.

The only differences between the two packages, besides some icons being renamed, are the Blue Eyes and Maniac makeups, BTW.

Post edited by columbine on
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 267

Aaaaannnnnddddd we're back https://www.daz3d.com/clown-carnival-for-genesis-9 - and looking good

I hope you all like the upgrades to the set

https://www.daz3d.com/clown-carnival-for-genesis-9

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,554

I have it bookmarked till payday, looking forward to using this.