Automated Tools for Pose Packs creation? (for PA's)

Hey everybody,

Gaining more and more experience in DAZ, I also started noticing certain holes in the DAZ marketplace. Even despite the gazillion of available pose packs, there is still many more to be made, as not all topics are covered.

I'd like to become a PA in the very near future (creating mostly prop+pose packs, something similar to what Zeddicus makes), but I need some tips (especially from other PA's) about tools for creating pose packs. So I have a couple of questions:

1) As a PA - do you have to prepare your content to work with Smart Content? I have never in my life used it as it confused me more if anything, I just use the regular "content library" tab and browse manually.

2) Are there any automated tools for creating pose partials?

3) Are there any automated tools for rendering pose tooltip/preview images?

4) Are there any RELIABLE G8/8.1 to G9 pose converters?

Also, is it hard to become a PA? I'd like to create prop/enviroment packs as well.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

I might be wrong but IIRC Daz creates the smart content entries, not the PAs.

For tooltips and thumbnails there's this: https://www.daz3d.com/thumbnail-mastery

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,566

As Leana says, all the "product" set up (metadata and so on) is doen in-house by Daz.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,899

mwasielewski1990 said:

1) As a PA - do you have to prepare your content to work with Smart Content? I have never in my life used it as it confused me more if anything, I just use the regular "content library" tab and browse manually.

2) Are there any automated tools for creating pose partials?

3) Are there any automated tools for rendering pose tooltip/preview images?

4) Are there any RELIABLE G8/8.1 to G9 pose converters?

Also, is it hard to become a PA? I'd like to create prop/enviroment packs as well.

First I would recommend contacting Daz3D and asking what they will need from you for a first submission - https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us - just so that you are prepared.

When you are ready to apply - https://www.daz3d.com/pa/landing

1.  QA handles that for us.

2.   Yes.  On these two pages are DSA files you need to download.  They can be placed anywhere within your DS library.  The first one is what you use to save your preset template for any figure or prop.  The second one is what you use to save a new preset, regardless of type.  Please note, pose presets are restricted to the figure it is made for.

Save - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/savefilter_template_save/start

Apply - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/savefilter_template_apply/start

There is an alternate way to make partials. (if you are one Windows) and this is the method I use.  Using this - https://www.daz3d.com/preset-cleaner-for-daz-studio-37019 - Basically, save out a full preset with the scripts, T pose is fine, include all you need.  Then make copies of it and rename it and load the copies into Preset Cleaner and trim each one down carefully and then re-save them.  Then when you want to batch process a folder of poses to be partials of all the same type, just load the partial pose into Preset Cleaner and target the folder of poses to be trimmed and its doe.  As long as you have tested the full poses and know they are perfectly fine then you don't have to look at the partials (as long as you have already confirmed the partial you are using to guide the trimming is correct)

3.  I find it best just to create a small scene and reuse it again and again for manually creating a pose thumbnail.  I do this cause you never know from set to set what will look best for each pose file.  TIP files should be 256x256 so I find it best to render that size, set DS to only render X number of samples to make it quick, and then when all the thumbs are done, batch process to make the smaller 91x91 thumbs

4.  Thats a hit and miss.

Btw, presentation is everything.  No matter how good your product is, if you cannot present it well, make it look good in the promos and show off what it is and how it works, then it probably wont get in the store.

• mwasielewski1990mwasielewski1990 Posts: 333
    edited March 22

Mattymanx said:

Btw, presentation is everything.  No matter how good your product is, if you cannot present it well, make it look good in the promos and show off what it is and how it works, then it probably wont get in the store.

This made me laugh so hard. Loads of promo pics for DAZ products are absolutely abhorrent laugh

Thank you all for your input. As for contacting DAZ about the first submission - should I use the "submit a request" button on the zendesk page?

I'm planning o making 3-5 pose packs to start with so that my potential store page won't look like a deserted place.

Also, do PA's gain access to some of the in-house products (such as Victoria 8.1, Victoria 9) for free for the purpose of making promo renders? The core figures are getting expensive!

EDIT:

Mattymanx said:

2.   Yes.  On these two pages are DSA files you need to download.  They can be placed anywhere within your DS library.  The first one is what you use to save your preset template for any figure or prop.  The second one is what you use to save a new preset, regardless of type.  Please note, pose presets are restricted to the figure it is made for.

Save - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/savefilter_template_save/start

Apply - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/savefilter_template_apply/start

Is there a pic/video tutorial on this somewhere?

Post edited by mwasielewski1990 on

mwasielewski1990 said:

Mattymanx said:

This made me laugh so hard. Loads of promo pics for DAZ products are absolutely abhorrent laugh

Thank you all for your input. As for contacting DAZ about the first submission - should I use the "submit a request" button on the zendesk page?

I'm planning o making 3-5 pose packs to start with so that my potential store page won't look like a deserted place.

Also, do PA's gain access to some of the in-house products (such as Victoria 8.1, Victoria 9) for free for the purpose of making promo renders? The core figures are getting expensive!

1. Yeah, no comment on other peoples promos.

2. Yes, submit via the ZenDesk page

3. Good choice.  I would recommend spacing them out just so that you have stuff coming out as you contunue to work on new ones.  It will depend on how quickly you can work.  I personally submit 3 months in advanced in case I get behind on making new sets and so that I am not stressed out trying to get the new one out

4. No one talks about fight club! 

mwasielewski1990 said:

Mattymanx said:

Is there a pic/video tutorial on this somewhere?

Not that I am aware of but its pretty straight forward.

Use the Save to create your template as you would any preset straight out of DS.

Then use the Apply to state what preset type you are saving, then choose the preset to use, choose the folder and then name it.

By default, it will want to save to whatever folder you have opened in your DS library.  So you can make a special folder just for saving your poses in if it helps.

• Mattymanx said:

mwasielewski1990 said:

Mattymanx said:

1. Yeah, no comment on other peoples promos.

2. Yes, submit via the ZenDesk page

3. Good choice.  I would recommend spacing them out just so that you have stuff coming out as you contunue to work on new ones.  It will depend on how quickly you can work.  I personally submit 3 months in advanced in case I get behind on making new sets and so that I am not stressed out trying to get the new one out

4. No one talks about fight club! 

Thank you for the response, however I didn't understand the Fight Club analogy :D I also edited my previous post, can you take a look?

Fight Club is a movie - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

There are perks to being a PA that are helpful to obtaining Daz O content for less.

• mwasielewski1990mwasielewski1990 Posts: 333
    edited March 24

Mattymanx said:

There are perks to being a PA that are helpful to obtaining Daz O content for less.

Thanks, that was very useful. I see that you make poses yourself. Good to know there are people out there who understand a market like DAZ is not a zero sum game and are able to help others.

Also, I assume it wouldn't be a problem if my promo renders contain non-DAZ-store assets (like from the other two popular ones), or are the promos limited to just the stuff that is sold here?

Post edited by mwasielewski1990 on

mwasielewski1990 said:

Mattymanx said:

Thanks, that was very useful. I see that you make poses yourself. Good to know there are people out there who understand a market like DAZ is not a zero sum game and are able to help others.

Also, I assume it wouldn't be a problem if my promo renders contain non-DAZ-store assets (like from the other two popular ones), or are the promos limited to just the stuff that is sold here?

You are free to use content from other stores. 

• Mattymanx said:

mwasielewski1990 said:

Mattymanx said:

You are free to use content from other stores. 

Thanks again for all the help.

So do you have any experience with the G8 -> G9 converters? Anything on the DAZ store actually worth the money?

For G3 -> G8 i'm still using some super old obscure .exe file written in C++ by some random dude I found on the internet (it's just called "Daz Converter v1.2" - no idea where I found it, but it was a free download) and this works perfectly.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017
    For G8 to G9 character conversion, buy the ManFriday product.

mwasielewski1990 said:

Thanks again for all the help.

So do you have any experience with the G8 -> G9 converters? Anything on the DAZ store actually worth the money?

For G3 -> G8 i'm still using some super old obscure .exe file written in C++ by some random dude I found on the internet (it's just called "Daz Converter v1.2" - no idea where I found it, but it was a free download) and this works perfectly.

I dont personally have or use any of the store bought pose converters.  However I did help beta test ManFriday's so I know its fine (as Barbult has already suggested)

• barbult said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I assume you meant the "Pose Companion For Genesis 9"?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017

barbult said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I assume you meant the "Pose Companion For Genesis 9"?

I was confused about which thread I was in. Sorry, but yes, his pose product is good.