How to keep daz3d cloth surface name when exporting to marvelous designer?

How to keep daz3d cloth surface name when exporting to marvelous designer?

Cos when import it back, it's just gone and I can't keep the material.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,318

No way AFAIK... because there'll be only a single fabric definition after you import obj to MD. Even if you trace patterns, their names are totally different from the surface names in DS.

• JamesJames Posts: 978
    edited April 2

Okay, hemm.. is there a blender add on that can enables me to grab in real time a cloth simulation.

Post edited by James on

There is actually, although not the same, but still I can grab the cloth.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,318

Yea, I remember this tutorial which is a good one.

So, if you want to make some fold / crease on the clothing by real-time sim and grabbing, pls go ahead with doing it in MD. Then you just need to import the morph back to DS to either update Base geometry or create morph properties on the clothing. Actually you don't need surface definition or names...

edited April 2

That's not what I want to do. Because the geometry is changed, I create a rip version of the cloth. Thus can't import it as a morph.
    I need the name of the surface stay the same so I can copy paste the material settings from the original.

By using blender and that script, I can manipulate the rip verison, and still can copy paste the material.

Post edited by James on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,418

You can copy/paste individual surface zones from anything to anything, doesnt matter what the surface name is. (Of course if you want to copy the whole material and any surface zones within the material, then it needs the same name) but dont see why that should be a bottleneck and restrict you from using whatever cloth sim you want since an object usually only has only a few surfaces anyway, so not like it's a huge undertaking to copy/paste each surface separately.