The Definitive Well That Didn’t Go As Planned Thread

1235»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,486

Well, it's certainly a leggy model - 100% leggy.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531
    edited August 13

Hands are still a problem...

Regards,

Richard

dazai_87a1a42e-5973-11ef-bb4b-e9c8be489245.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,963

I wonder why hands are so complicated to get right. Faces are OK, why are hands such a problem for AI?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

barbult said:

I wonder why hands are so complicated to get right. Faces are OK, why are hands such a problem for AI?

If talking about AI in general, I have seen some pretty bad faces too 

• barbult said:

Humans are all different but still similar enough that anything unusual stands out. That’s why AI can mess up when generating some objects, like hands, and it’s super noticeable. You might not care if candies are in weird shapes, but fingers are another story. They’re small, detailed, and tricky to generate right, with things like finger positioning and joint movements being hard for AI to perfect.

At least, that’s how I see it.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531
    edited September 26

Can you remind me which is the front of a boat, the blunt end or the sharp end? Prompt 'Spray type yacht in rough sea sailing between icebergs."

The image above has the boat going left (from the wake and towards the pointy end), but all the sails are powering it to the right, so the blunt end is the front, and this is confirmed by the bowsprit fragment visible unconnected to any other part of the vessel. Then there is the next 'Which way forward' conundrum:

When I initially tried it, I had the prompt as 'sailing through icebergs' rather than 'sailing between icebergs' and got this very literal interpretation (though at least the sails are driving it towards the pointy end. Not sure how they are so full having such a flat, unruffled sea, but there you go):

I wish the AI understood what a 'Spray Type' vessel was - one that's like Joshua Slocum's Spray, a beautiful little tub of a boat that was the first recorded vessel to go round the world single handed. It then took another 60 odd years before a solo vessel went round without stopping.

Regards

Richard

dazai_7e6fca20-7b1f-11ef-bbf3-e9c8be489245.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    dazai_d245c5ba-7b1e-11ef-bbf3-e9c8be489245.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    dazai_53da519a-7b1f-11ef-bbf3-e9c8be489245.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on