(RESOLVED) Packaging a prop with "potential" morphs (aka default value 0 when packaged)

mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 67

Good morning folks.

I made a display mannequin (think what you'd display armor on, etc, it's basically just a generic torso with a stand) that mirrors most of the base G8F geometry.  I used the transfer utility to transfer the base G8F rigging to it, because I want to be able to use all my morphs and poses on it as well.

Works great, bones move, morphs morph, poses pose.

What I can't figure out is how to save it out as a prop asset so that it keeps the ability to dial these.  I've tried ticking every single morph and pose  once while it is fit-to a G8F then re-zeroing so that the auto-follow hidden property is created, but they disappear after the asset is saved again.  The only way I can seem to get these to stick in the file is if they have values other than zero.

So I guess the question is, how can I make it so that the morphs and poses are available to the asset without dialing them to a non-zero value?  (This isn't being packaged for distribution, just my own use so I'm fine with the dials being of the "hidden auto-follow property" variety if need be.)

Post edited by mmdestiny on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330

You have to save the morphs and pose controls separately with Save As... -> Support Assets -> Morph Asset(s)... (I believe the terminology has changed recently for that last bit)

You will be prompted to select whichever additional parts you want to save (expand the tree). Each one will be saved in a Morphs folder under the Product Name that you have given to your asset, i.e., /data/vendor/Product/Asset/Morphs/morph01.dsf, etc.

• mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 67

NorthOf45 said:

You have to save the morphs and pose controls separately with Save As... -> Support Assets -> Morph Asset(s)... (I believe the terminology has changed recently for that last bit)

You will be prompted to select whichever additional parts you want to save (expand the tree). Each one will be saved in a Morphs folder under the Product Name that you have given to your asset, i.e., /data/vendor/Product/Asset/Morphs/morph01.dsf, etc.

You know what...I'm an idiot.  I knew that, I've done that hundreds of times, I just never did it for a prop like this, only clothing.  Didn't stop to think it was the same process...

Thank you. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330

mmdestiny said:

NorthOf45 said:

You know what...I'm an idiot.  I knew that, I've done that hundreds of times, I just never did it for a prop like this, only clothing.  Didn't stop to think it was the same process...

Thank you. 

I know what you mean. I had the same lapse myself recently. "Why won't these controls save?! Oh, right..."