Problem saving a shiny shader without the texture

food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 133

Hi, there,

On a pair of patterned pants, I applied a gloss with the "Glossy Layered Weight" slider and I wanted to save only the glossy Shader with Save As => Shader Preset to be able to apply it more easily to other garments.

But when I use the saved shiny shader on another surface or garment, it also applies the pattern (texture).

However, I deselected the images in the options when saving.

How do you save the Glossy Layered Weight shader without the textures?

Thanks

Post edited by food.plus13 on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,284

In the shader hierarchy in Save Options dialogue, there're two items for each Mappable Slot: Value and Image. If you uncheck Image item, no map will be save within the Shader Preset.

However this way is cumbersome 'cause you have to expand the hierarchical tree and uncheck them... The better way is just saving the Shader Preset with no unchecking..., instead, when you apply the Shader Preset, hold Ctrl key beforehand, then choose "Ignore" option from Images dropdown list. Then no map will be replaced but only shader values will be applied.

SNAG-2024-5-1-000.png
    502 x 676 - 54K
    SNAG-2024-5-1-001.png
    320 x 298 - 14K
  • food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 133

vent dit:

In the shader hierarchy in Save Options dialogue, there're two items for each Mappable Slot: Value and Image. If you uncheck Image item, no map will be save within the Shader Preset.

However this way is cumbersome 'cause you have to expand the hierarchical tree and uncheck them... The better way is just saving the Shader Preset with no unchecking..., instead, when you apply the Shader Preset, hold Ctrl key beforehand, then choose "Ignore" option from Images dropdown list. Then no map will be replaced but only shader values will be applied.

Thanks, when I deselect an image I click on the hamburger at the top right of the save options then "Uncheck all images" it's quicker

And when I use your "Ctrl pressed" solution, the pattern is not applied, but the color is.  I don't know why?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,284

food.plus13 said:

vent dit:

Thanks, when I deselect an image I click on the hamburger at the top right of the save options then "Uncheck all images" it's quicker

And when I use your "Ctrl pressed" solution, the pattern is not applied, but the color is.  I don't know why?

Oh, yea, I forgot that option. And if you don't want to have the Color applied, you also have to save the shader preset with the option of "Uncheck All Values". But if you just want to have some of the slots with which no Color value will be saved, you still have to uncheck them manually.