"No supported Face Transfer engine"

Trying to use the Face Transfer to see if I want to purchase it. The Panel opens and I can even load a photo, but right underneath the Gender selection buttons is written "No supported Face Transfer engine". I can select the gender, but the "Generate" button does nothing. See attached image of Face Transfer pane. I am on a Macbook Pro (2019 Intel) running MacOS Ventura. Daz Studio Pro 4.22.0.16. Everything is up to date. What am I missing here? Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 3.37.11 AM.png
764 x 1956 - 423K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,500

Check the log after trying to use face transfer, though there may be relevant errors earlier. Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Check the log after trying to use face transfer, though there may be relevant errors earlier. Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File.

Thank you for the reply! I checked the Log, it had several successive iterations of this main error:

File: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/D.Master/Auto Face Enhancer Female/G8Female Character Links/AFEG8F_116.dsf
        URI: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/iSourceTextures/Shuang/CTRL-ISTShuang.dsf#CTRL-ISTShuang?value
    2024-05-03 03:56:06.735 [WARNING] :: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(748): Formula target property not found:

Not sure what this actually means though..

That just means that there is a corrective morph in Auto Face Enhancer to make it play nice with the IST Shuang character. Assuming you don't have that character installed it is correctly reporting that it can't find the shape, and so can't link its corrective morph - which is not a problem.

That just means that there is a corrective morph in Auto Face Enhancer to make it play nice with the IST Shuang character. Assuming you don't have that character installed it is correctly reporting that it can't find the shape, and so can't link its corrective morph - which is not a problem.

hmm. I do notice that in the Figure: Base drop-down menu on the Face Transfer Panel does not have any selections available. About Installed Plugins shows green check mark and 3 free uses available. Its like the plugin is working but it doesn't see the base figures. I reinstalled everything, to include the Starter Packs for G8 and G9. Plugin not recognizing G8 seems to be the problem. Thank you so much for your quick response. Would love to figure this out.

Face Time Error.jpg
    1230 x 1728 - 293K

You should have an entry for Face Transfer 2 as well, which is the Genesis 9 code.

You should have an entry for Face Transfer 2 as well, which is the Genesis 9 code.

Do I have to order that? Or is it supposd to alread be loaded? I am going to try to do a complete clean install, my Macbook updated after I did the last one. Thank you so much! I appreciate our help! I will post an update when I get the reinstall done.

• After the second time doing a complete uninstall/reinstall from the Daz DIM I now see a selection for Genesis 9. I just needed to be persistant I guess. Lesson learned. Thank-You Richard for coaxing me in the right direction, much appreciated! Thank you!

dug_eb78d093d9 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Do I have to order that? Or is it supposd to alread be loaded? I am going to try to do a complete clean install, my Macbook updated after I did the last one. Thank you so much! I appreciate our help! I will post an update when I get the reinstall done.

It should be part of the base isntallation, since it is available on the same three-save trial (with a separate counter) as the base Face Transfer.

Sorry, I was forgetting that on mac only Face Transfer 2/Genesis 9 is supported - see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/662091/face-transfer-2