I keep getting a message when loading a new gen 8 male character

When I try to load a gen8 male character I've started getting this error message:

/data/EmmaAndJordi/Bejeweled Bundle 2 For Genesis 2 Female/Arm Cuff R/emandjoarmcuffsgen2f_105885.dsf

I've never insalled or owned this package and I'm not sure where it's coming from.  I loaded the character in a new installation on a different machine and didn't get the message.  I tried zeroing out the character and saving it as a new asset but still getting the error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,500

What is the error? That is just a relative file path. If it's a missing file it is most likely that a character you have isntalled on that macine but not the othe has a reference to the file, and so is complaining - the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) should tell you what is triggering the warning.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,906

Richard Haseltine said:

What is the error? That is just a relative file path. If it's a missing file it is most likely that a character you have isntalled on that macine but not the othe has a reference to the file, and so is complaining - the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) should tell you what is triggering the warning.

I think the more pertinent question might be why they're getting an error about a G2 item when loading a G8.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited May 8

Gordig said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I think the more pertinent question might be why they're getting an error about a G2 item when loading a G8.

If it's a "missing DSF" error then it's going to be bad "parent" data in one of the dsf files in G8M's morphs folder, you have installed a morph package/character on one machine but not on the other, and one of the files from that product either doesn't belong in the product, or the creator messed up their product.

As for it being a G2 item being called in G8, that's not a surprise to me, I've seen enough G8 morph assets with G3 parent data to know anyone can mess up when they take "shortcuts".

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • I'm sure it's in the base character.  I tried copying the base character from a clean back up but still getting the error.  I'm a little on the slow side, but I realized I hadn't tried unistalling the character and re-installing it.  The reason I'm so confused by the issue is that I've never had that package.  I don't any G2 characters at all.

I've had characters mess with my base character before (generally characters I've purchased from 3rd party sites.  Specifically, Renderhub.)

I'm going to give it another shot.

Thanks for the responses.