Coming soon: Mesh Grabber 4.0 [Commercial]

Comments

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

Loony said:

Mart1n71 said:

This looks like such a great update. Will I be able to save any edits to strand based hair as a morph? Something I think is currently a PA only tool.

When you can edit it, this should be possible. Btw. @MF why is it still not released? Does Daz3d plan to include it into a bigger announcement or are you still working on it?

All I know is that it's in the queue at Daz. The queue is rather long at the moment, so I don't know when it will be released.  Might be another couple of weeks.

Elor said:

What was shown looks useful smiley

A couple of questions:

• Will the tools added by the current version addons be included with Mesh Grabber 4 or will the addons still be required ?
    • Are the changes created with the new version compatible with the current version ? I'm asking because I currently only have Mesh Grabber for Mac but I'm also using a Windows machine and I'm thinking about buying the new version for Windows initially, to get Mesh Grabber here too (right now, I'm using the saving morphs function to get the changes to the Windows machine).

The add-ons are going away. There will be only one Mesh Grabber product any more. It will include both the Mac and the Windows versions. (The only reason that they were separate is that when I made the original Mesh Grabber I didn't know how to make Mac plugins yet, so Mesh Grabber for Mac was added at a later time.)

The changes are compatible. The data format hasn't changed. All the changes are in the "tool" part of Mesh Grabber (how the vertex deltas are created: there are now new ways like a sculpting brush), but they are still saved to scene files the old way. And the Daz Studio morph data format hasn't changed either, of course.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited May 21

ManFriday said:

All I know is that it's in the queue at Daz. The queue is rather long at the moment, so I don't know when it will be released.  Might be another couple of weeks.

Ohh.. that's sad to hear :(

Post edited by Loony on
  • ElorElor Posts: 852

ManFriday said:

The add-ons are going away. There will be only one Mesh Grabber product any more. It will include both the Mac and the Windows versions.

Great news smiley

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,959

ManFriday said:

Elor said:

A couple of questions:

• Will the tools added by the current version addons be included with Mesh Grabber 4 or will the addons still be required ?
    • Are the changes created with the new version compatible with the current version ? I'm asking because I currently only have Mesh Grabber for Mac but I'm also using a Windows machine and I'm thinking about buying the new version for Windows initially, to get Mesh Grabber here too (right now, I'm using the saving morphs function to get the changes to the Windows machine).

The add-ons are going away. There will be only one Mesh Grabber product any more. It will include both the Mac and the Windows versions. (The only reason that they were separate is that when I made the original Mesh Grabber I didn't know how to make Mac plugins yet, so Mesh Grabber for Mac was added at a later time.)

The changes are compatible. The data format hasn't changed. All the changes are in the "tool" part of Mesh Grabber (how the vertex deltas are created: there are now new ways like a sculpting brush), but they are still saved to scene files the old way. And the Daz Studio morph data format hasn't changed either, of course.

So if I already have Mesh Grabber and the add-ons will this version replace it or work with it?

@carrie85 you will need the standalone version 4.0 3.0 had add-on's. 4.0 is a new product with all previous functions included. IF MF add new features they would be in an additional sale later.

carrie58 said:

ManFriday said:

Elor said:

A couple of questions:

So if I already have Mesh Grabber and the add-ons will this version replace it or work with it?

Both. Mesh Grabber 4.0 will replace the old and include all its features and the add-ons, and all the new things.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,902

Well I am grateful for my current version this morning. I had a cuff on a non-dForce sleeve that was going through a desktop and I was able to lift it up so it looked natural as if it had been shoved up from the wrist. My money is waiting for the new version. The product is worth it.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,971

It's an update to the old one or a totally different piece of software (AKA you have to buy it again)?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,959

Imago said:

It's an update to the old one or a totally different piece of software (AKA you have to buy it again)?

According to ManFriday it's both so you will have to buy it again , the new one includes the old one and the add-ons plus new additions ,

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,766
    edited May 25

SimonJM said:

ManFriday said:

SimonJM said:

Oh, please tell me this will work on DS 4.21

Yes, but no Daz Studio versions before 4.21. It uses new Daz Studio features and relies on those being present.

Ok, phew! I qm 'stuck' on WIndows 7 so cannot update Daz Studio sad 

...I'm running the 4.21.0.5 general release on W7 Pro with no issues.  This was the last version to use an Nvidia driver that still supports 7.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

kyoto kid said:

SimonJM said:

ManFriday said:

SimonJM said:

Oh, please tell me this will work on DS 4.21

Yes, but no Daz Studio versions before 4.21. It uses new Daz Studio features and relies on those being present.

Ok, phew! I qm 'stuck' on WIndows 7 so cannot update Daz Studio sad 

...I'm running the 4.21.0.5 general release on W7 Pro with no issues.  This was the last version to use an Nvidia driver that still supports 7.

Thanks! 

• matewmatew Posts: 20

All of your products are great, but this one is a must-have. Adding smoothing alone makes it worth upgrading.

• matewmatew Posts: 20

ManFriday said:

Loony said:

Mart1n71 said:

This looks like such a great update. Will I be able to save any edits to strand based hair as a morph? Something I think is currently a PA only tool.

When you can edit it, this should be possible. Btw. @MF why is it still not released? Does Daz3d plan to include it into a bigger announcement or are you still working on it?

Today, May 26, my last product was released. I submitted it on April 25th and had no issues. So, it's about one month to wait 

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 198

Wow.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,562

The waiting ... Always the waiting ...

• vikl1964vikl1964 Posts: 28

Nice!

• jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 119

Well after watching the video, not only am I excited for all the new features, but I saw there's a bunch of features in my current version that I never made use of! Hopefully those will keep me busy until the new version drops. laugh

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,170

Hope there will be a discount for owners of the previous bundle. Murphys Law has it that Mesh Grabber will hit the shelves right when I am out of store credit and short on tokens I'm afraid.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

Woooooow! I'm only seeing this now! Very excited.

Oh how I wish there was a release of this now! Would brighten up the terrible current sale no end. Why are they keeping it back for so long I wonder?

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 438

Agreed with everyone who wishes it would drop already. I have a few projects that I shelved because it looks like it's going to be a much easier process with the new version, and there's no sense beating my head against a wall if I don't have to.

tsroemi said:

Oh how I wish there was a release of this now! Would brighten up the terrible current sale no end. Why are they keeping it back for so long I wonder?

I also don't understand why they are so uncooperative and need weeks. Feels like a German office from the Government. Maybe they use only Fax. I love this scene
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

Loony said:

tsroemi said:

I also don't understand why they are so uncooperative and need weeks. Feels like a German office from the Government. Maybe they use only Fax. I love this scene

QA takes a while, and then there are other steps - not to mention that they might not want to release two unrelated plig-ins on top of each other (with Ultra Scenery 2 just having launched).

• rto3drto3d Posts: 17
    edited June 5

superb ... looking forward to the availability of the new release ... what are the guys at DAZ are waiting for ... ?

Post edited by rto3d on

Loony said:

tsroemi said:

QA takes a while, and then there are other steps - not to mention that they might not want to release two unrelated plig-ins on top of each other (with Ultra Scenery 2 just having launched).

If they would take QA really serious :( There are many products with bad quality, which could be seen if someone checked it. Like a Genesis 8 female folder named "Genesis 8 woman" (just as example). Sometimes things are just poorly structured. Or props don't load. It feels like no one ever looked into the products.

Loony said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Loony said:

tsroemi said:

If they would take QA really serious :( There are many products with bad quality, which could be seen if someone checked it. Like a Genesis 8 female folder named "Genesis 8 woman" (just as example). Sometimes things are just poorly structured. Or props don't load. It feels like no one ever looked into the products.

Second all of this, and also LOVE the Zootopia bureaucrat sloth! If only they were as cute and funny as this ...

• rto3drto3d Posts: 17

Dear me .... is there a good estimate of when the product will hit the market ..... it feels like 'christmas eve'

Seriously, I would love an estimate, too. It's been over a month now since @ManFriday started this thread. Is there gonna be a major delay because of technical issues? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,468

PAs are saying it's taking a month or more for their product to get released after they submit it to Daz.