[SOLVED] Morphs Disappeared

Lucky13guyLucky13guy Posts: 54

I just did something REALLY stupid. I was trying to convert some JCMs from G8.1 to G8, and I accidentally saved over my entire G8F data folder (I think). Hopefully if I explain exactly what I did, then after everyone has had a good laugh at my stupidity, someone might be able to tell me how to fix my blunder.

First, I opened the character I wanted to convert the JCMs for. Then, I opened the joint editor tool, right clicked on the character, and clicked Edit-> Rename Node. I renamed the node from "Genesis8_1Female" to Genesis8Female," then clicked Accept. After that, I went to File->Save As->Support Asset->Figure/Prop Asset... Next, the "Figure/Prop Assets Save Options" window popped up (attached). I changed the item name to Female, changed the compatibility base from /Genesis 8.1/Female to /Genesis 8/Female and clicked Accept. From there, it took about 10 minutes to save the file. I had a feeling, based on the amount of time it was taking, that I did something wrong, but since I had dealt with something similar before, I wasn't too worried about that. I figured I'd be able to undo everything after it was done saving like I had in the past.

When I closed and reopened Daz, I opened a G8F base model and went to look through my morphs, but nearly every single one of them was missing... Additionally, the Data folder in my library showed that nearly every file in the Daz3d/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs folder and at least one file in the UV Sets folder had been updated. I checked out several of the morphs that were supposedly updated, and they're all showing different file sizes, so I'm really hoping that they're still accessible, and all I need to do is delete something and it will all go back to normal.

If it makes any difference, I do have a OneDrive account, and was able to pause it before it updated everything, but it had already updated about 25% of the 7gb+ before I caught it. Not sure if there's a way to revert those, but I'm guessing if there is, that might be a way to fix my mistake. Also, I install everything manually. I don't use the install manager. Not sure if that matters, but it can't hurt to mention it.

Did I just destroy 2+ years of morphs, or is there a way to get everything back to normal? Please help.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 130717.png
466 x 733 - 117K
Post edited by Lucky13guy on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

Have you tried, after taking a back up ofd the current state, reinstalling Genesis 8 Starter Essentials?

• Lucky13guyLucky13guy Posts: 54

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you tried, after taking a back up ofd the current state, reinstalling Genesis 8 Starter Essentials?

I have not. I'm not sure how to make a backup of the current state, to be honest. I'm afraid of messing anything up further than I already have. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

Copy the \data\daz 3d\Genesis 8\female\folder, at least, and if you have customised other parts of Starter Essentials copy their data folders too (or, space permitting, just the whole data folder).

Actually, doesn't OneDrive keep older versions of files?I used tot hink not, but soemthing I was reading seemed to say it did.

• Lucky13guyLucky13guy Posts: 54

Richard Haseltine said:

Actually, doesn't OneDrive keep older versions of files?I used tot hink not, but soemthing I was reading seemed to say it did.

Yes, it does. And that's exactly how I fixed it. I had to right click on the effected folders, then go to properties. Clicked on the "Previous Versions" tab, clicked on a version from about 24 hours ago, then clicked Restore and it reverted back to that version. Opened Daz and everything works as it should, as far as I can tell.

I may have figured that out on my own, but I still appreciate you making an attempt to help me out, Richard. Thank you!