Mesh alteration after using the transfer utility

Why does the damned transfer utility insist on messing up my mesh!? On the left is my mesh after the transfer utility, and on the right is how it should look. It took me a lot of effort to model the symmetric pants I wanted, and then DAZ specifically screws up the symmetry of my model. The pants are modeled over my morphed character with "reverse source shape from target" on. I also modeled the same pair of pants from scratch on the base model. It works on the base model, but it gets messed up when I apply it to my morphed figure.

Things I already tried:

>Triangulated mesh, mesh with only perfect quads, merging vertices at various distances. Mesh exported with groups, mesh exported without groups.
>All kinds of combinations of settings in the transfer utility dialogue.
>Using the original .OBJ as a morph.
>Exporting the original .OBJ from DAZ, then importing it and using it as a morph.
>Exporting the messed-up mesh to Blender, correcting the messed-up vertices, importing to DAZ, and using it as a morph.
>Dialing all hidden morphs to zero.
>Setting the pose to zero, setting the pose of the pants to zero.
>Setting the resolution to base (It crashes the program every single time when I try to apply the transfer utility).

All of this either does nothing or messes up everything even more. I don't know what else to try other than rig the pants myself.

Please help.

Image:

https://imgur.com/Gvz793V

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Are you using 'current' in item shape?

• BeatBeat Posts: 19

felis said:

Are you using 'current' in item shape?

Yes

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

When modelling towards a morphed shape, it can happen that there can be some changes when transferring. You have to consider that DS first subtracts the morphed shape, then it does transfer, and then it will project the shape back in the pants. If that what is happening in this case might be.

What you can do is to use your original model as a morph to the transferred pants, and potentielly use that as a substitute to the projected morph. If you for the pants look in parameters at currently used, you will see a morph named something similar to the shape name of the character. You can then either let your new morph substitue that, or just dial that down and dial your new morph in.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

With the shape you modelled around still applied, and checking the Reverse Source Shape from Target option?

felis said:

When modelling towards a morphed shape, it can happen that there can be some changes when transferring. You have to consider that DS first subtracts the morphed shape, then it does transfer, and then it will project the shape back in the pants. If that what is happening in this case might be.

What you can do is to use your original model as a morph to the transferred pants, and potentielly use that as a substitute to the projected morph. If you for the pants look in parameters at currently used, you will see a morph named something similar to the shape name of the character. You can then either let your new morph substitue that, or just dial that down and dial your new morph in.

Using my original .OBJ as a morph and dialing all hidden morphs to zero fixed the symmetry issue, but now the pants don't fit. A smoothing modifier at a high number just messes up everything, and playing with the scale also doesn't work.

https://imgur.com/a/3O2yH0K

Richard Haseltine said:

With the shape you modelled around still applied, and checking the Reverse Source Shape from Target option?

Yes, also that.

edited May 19

I fixed it, the solution was to load my original .OBJ from blender as a morph BUT with reverse deformations on. No need to touch the hidden properties.

Post edited by Beat on