Side panes obscure cube and other scene controls

This is on Windows, using the City Limits workspace layout preset. When I open a pane on just one side or the other of the screen, the viewport resizes/repositions and all is well. If I open panes on both sides, though, the panes on the right overlap the viewport and I can no longer see the cube tool, the framing tool, etc. -- all the scene/view tools that sit in the upper right-hand corner of the viewport. Please see attached screenshot, which may show it better than I can explain it in words.

Does anybody know of a way to mitigate this problem (other than getting a bigger screen, LOL)?

Gratefully,

Chris

Screenshot 2024-05-17 134327.png
1600 x 853 - 141K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480
    edited May 17

Close the Shader panes - and possibly the Script IDE. Their minimum widths are wider than the available dock area. Alternatively collapse the right pr left pane groups by clicking on the tab of oen of the active panes (the one that is showing its content in each group).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • cheardcheard Posts: 67

Richard Haseltine said:

Close the Shader panes - and possibly the Script IDE. Their minimum widths are wider than the available dock area. Alternatively collapse the right pr left pane groups by clicking on the tab of oen of the active panes (the one that is showing its content in each group).

Closing the Shader Mixer pane did the trick! Thanks!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

Actually it might have been enough to close the Brickyard section to the elft of the pane, with the list of bricks that can be added to a shader network - if you wanted to use the pane you coudl still use the right-click menu to add bricks.