Exporting FBX Files

Is there a special order or system for exporting DAZ Figures from DAZ Studio to Vue. I have tried it a couple of times and DAZ Studio just hangs there! Cheers

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

What did you export that made DS hang ? And also, try with DS Public Build in which FBX export function has been much improved, and try with 2020 Binary format

• Many thanks for your reply.It was a Genesis 8 Male in Wet Weather Gear Purchased from holding a set of Binoculars for my submarine in Vue! Ido not know which binary I used. Iwill try again using 2020 Binary! Cheers

• I tried again. My figure was imported into Vue, but not the pose and prop binoculars or textures.I checked everything necessary for the export! obj exports ok with the pose but not with textures! Cheers

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

1stly, export to FBX with the settings in screenshot 1... I don't use and have Vue. Here's an example of importing FBX into Blender. It should be almost the same... You should get the pose, texture, etc. in Vue.

However, FBX format (as well as OBJ format) can just export Diffuse maps... you have to manually assign other texture maps yourself if there's any...

SNAG-2024-5-21-010.png
    2021 x 1393 - 761K
    SNAG-2024-5-21-011.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M