Essential Assets and Merchant Resources for Creating Assets to sell?

bcasabcasa Posts: 0
edited May 27 in Art Studio

I'm confused about the licensing around the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Expansion and other third party Merchant Resources. If I create a character using the Starter Essentials Expansion or other Merchant Resources, do I need to require the purchase of those expansion packs to use my character? Or do I need to create any morphs, skin textures, eye textures, anatomical elements and body/facial hait from scratch?

The Standard License agreement is really vague and contradicts itself.

Thanks!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480
    edited May 27

Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio application question.

Only Merchnat resource content may be distributed or used as a "baked in" part of a product, any other third-party content must be referenced by the presets etc. for the product so that the content itself is needed to load the product files. Content you create from scratch (morphs made in a sculpting application on top of the base shape, or on top of other morphs but only your changes saved as custom morphs thata pply on top of the othe morphs used; textures painted directly onto a template, or the model itself, or overlays applied through Layered Images or Geometry Shells on top of the base textures) you may distribute.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on