Help with create a package file to work with a team

marcosandre77marcosandre77 Posts: 0
edited May 27 in Art Studio

I'm having issues using 2 computes to work with DAZ, as I can't make a package file. There is any way to create a package to open the scene in another computer with all settings it need? 

What I'm doing now: I create a file, put the scene .duf, create a texture file with all the textures, a file with all the morphs. Then zip it and open in other computer. In the new computer I open and locate every file, save new file...etc.

It's a never ending job and a nightmare to work as a team. Can someone give me a solution?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480
    edited May 27

Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio application question.

Each member of the team nees a licensed copy of the content installed. Packing the content up and sharing it is not permitted.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,403
    edited May 28

Assuming both computers are yours and you're the one using the content, content gatherer could help you with packaging the whole scene files to move them on a second computer: https://www.daz3d.com/content-gatherer

Another option is to have your content directories on an external drive that can then plug to the computer you want to work with at a given time. That assumes you're working on only one of them at a given time though.

Post edited by Leana on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

It's not that difficult if you are working legally.

Whatever products you used to create the images are on your computer.

Each team member must also buy those exact same products and put it on their computer.

Now when you save a scene file,  every reference to the products will be saved in the scene file.  

When your team member opens the scene file they will have the exact same scene on their computer.   

That's pretty well how store products work too.  if purchased and stored legally.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531

..and then only the .duf scene file needs to be shared. Which saves a whole lot of data transfer too.

Regards,

Richard