[Released] Modern Home Essentials Room Builder 02 [Commercial]

LantiosLantios Posts: 84

The MHE Collection strives to bring a classic look and feel in a variety of materials for you to be able to customize your scenes to your tastes! This particular set is a kit-bash made specifically to allow you to create a variety of rooms to make your dream home while maintaining the aesthetic set up by the previous sets in the Collection!
This set is made to be both a standalone set and an expansion to the previous set by giving you entirely new elements to work with that can work in tandem with the previous Room Builder, or used entirely on its own to create similar rooms!

With the set, you get four different types of floors that you can tile (each in four different materials, of course) to create multiple styles of your choosing for your rooms! A square wood floor and large planks, a well as a hex tiled floor and a subway tile version are available! Try using the floors as feature walls too! The subway tiles can be rotated 90 degrees to line a wall in a kitchen or bathroom for example!
This set opts to use one wall mesh that can be scaled to fit your needs with standard 240cm height, and includes a 300cm long baseboard that can be used as a separate mesh if needed. A 100cm wallpaper asset with 4 different textures is also included, that can be tiled to create a seamless wallpaper across an entire room. Glass paned single and double doors are included in two types, one paneled and one full glass pane. On top of this, a sliding patio-style door is included to give you access to your backyards!
The lighting solution is a recessed light which comes with a "ceiling builder" rig that lets you scale the edges of the surrounding mesh to fill your ceiling to your needs without needing to boolean the mesh to create space for the lights! Instead of arches, this set comes with two different room dividers, one being wood columns, the other being a shelving unit that can store your decorations and belongings. Use the wood columns on the ceiling to give your room a different vibe!

The feature piece of this pack is of course the spiral staircase, which comes with options to match most things included in the Stair Builder and is made in the same way as that pack. Pose presets are used to hide/unhide elements in the rig to quickly swap between variations. Included are also a few new additions specific to the spiral staircase, like a metal pole and supports, or thick wall "railings" to create a more closed in stairs for those scared of falling over.

The included wall-height windows are the same thickness as the walls this time and are large panes to let more light in, and include the 150cm height variety to mix and match better. Also included to get you started is a large two-story "home" that you can decorate and modify, it serves as a good starting point for understanding how the pack can be used!

\

Coming Soon!

Post edited by Lantios on

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,112

Will this be compatible with Modern Home Essentials Stair Builder (which we are still waiting for)?

What else do have planned for this series?

• LantiosLantios Posts: 84

Will this be compatible with Modern Home Essentials Stair Builder (which we are still waiting for)?

What else do have planned for this series?

Yes absolutely! They're all made to work with each other! I also gave a deck builder planned and a cabinet builder (for kitchens and bathrooms) in the works, and I'm toying with the idea of other builders after

Hopefully a garage builder as well, so I can create my own mansion.

I'm very much looking forward to all the releases.

Hopefully a garage builder as well, so I can create my own mansion.

I'm very much looking forward to all the releases.

Excellent idea, I'll add that to my list!
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,892

While your components seem to be focused towards single family homes, would it be possible to put them together for upscale apartments/flats for families of say two, three or four bedrooms, multiple baths...?

I ask because someone in the Product Suggestion forum was looking for one and and stressed it had to be modern, upscale, and a three to four bedroom apartment. I did point them to your project, but also to other options. 

memcneil70 said:

While your components seem to be focused towards single family homes, would it be possible to put them together for upscale apartments/flats for families of say two, three or four bedrooms, multiple baths...?

I ask because someone in the Product Suggestion forum was looking for one and and stressed it had to be modern, upscale, and a three to four bedroom apartment. I did point them to your project, but also to other options. 

Absolutely! This set in particular comes with a setup for a "home" with some extra rooms and a bathroom-sized room on the second floor. The only limit is how big you want to build your room/house setup, you can continue stacking rooms next to each other, making hallways to connect them and making larger homes than I provided in the first Room Builder!
    An example of a large family-style apartment/home is in the Stair Builder promos, where there's a staircase going to the second floor where several bedrooms were made on top of the large open concept living area!

In the store and purchased!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,892

In my cart now. Just finalizing the rest of the order. It is lovely.

Mary

Awesome, I hope you guys enjoy the set!