PoliceArtist for Gen8 and Gen9 Coming June 4 (Commercial)

info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 890

What is PoliceArtist and why should you have it?

While there are capable photo-to-3D head applications like HeadShop, FaceTransfer and FaceGen, they share a shortcoming - they do NOT match the texture with topography (shapes).

We decided to use a well known paradigm, that of the police artist, who would choose from libraries of shapes, like Forehead (tall or short, wide or narrow, wrinkled or not), or Cheeks (prominent cheekbones, creased cheek, hollow cheeks, etc), or Chin (small chin, big chin, cleft chin, etc), or Lips (thick, thin, spoon, etc.) or Nose (Hawk, Roman, Stumpf, etc). You get the idea....

By adding and mixing these shapes you quickly get a better approximation of the underlying topo of the texture and thus a much more realistic 3D head! PoliceArtist supports Genesis 8 and Genesis 9, male or female, with a library of 120+ shapes. Give it a try!

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

Comments

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 151

I am glad this is still in the pipeline.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,467

I'm discouraged that it still appears to be only OBJ files, not morphs.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,169

I guess it is probably too much hassle to create actual morphs than just OBJ files.

Anyhow the product looks interesting.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 890

barbult said:

Before you get too discouraged, it has been changed from the initial approach and now all files are DSF files, as they are more portable and also can be better rigged.

Good point, though!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,645

info_b3470fa520 said:

barbult said:

Before you get too discouraged, it has been changed from the initial approach and now all files are DSF files, as they are more portable and also can be better rigged.

Good point, though!

You may want to change that first promo to reflect them not being obj files. Could just swap out obj with dsf

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 890

frank0314 said:

info_b3470fa520 said:

barbult said:

Good point, though!

You may want to change that first promo to reflect them not being obj files. Could just swap out obj with dsf

will do.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

Hey there! I've watched the youtube video on the product page. When you dial the various shapes in and out I can also see the shoulders morphing. What's up with that?

• PtropePtrope Posts: 681

If these are now DSFs, you definitely need to change the video, because that alone convinced me not to buy the product.

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 111

Question, is it really hard to create a face with rather vertical nasolabial folds? I was elated to see Churchill, then I saw your version that doesn't include this major face feature, and having those two for the comparison promo picture seems to say that's unnecessary . That's discouraging to me. I don't understand why the nasolabial fold is so ignored, and I'm not the "lone arranger"laugh. I have the Daz head morphs and the Zev0 ones which gives some control but it's not nearly enough. It seems evident, with your Churchill, adding the use of those PA morphs would not create a reasonable likeness. Considering your skills, how about creating some extensive nasolabial morphs for sale, and then some extensive rib morphs (another big vacancy) that work at sub-d 1. Hoping this is some useful feedback smiley/ peace