Bryce under WINE

Has anyone been successful running Bryce under WINE? Or perhaps Lutris?

Comments

• Past as FuturePast as Future Posts: 153

As I'm using Windows, I never tried.

But there is Wine compatibility database with some information ("test results") here:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25400

It looks like the latest testing was done around 2018, so perhaps compatibility could have been improved in more recent versions.

Good luck!

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

I've never tried Bryce under WINE, but it works great under Vodka! 

*No need to get a bouncer involved, I'll show myself out* coolangel

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

brainmuffin said:

Has anyone been successful running Bryce under WINE? Or perhaps Lutris?

WineHQ - Bryce 7.1

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,077
    edited July 2

fence...heheheh

fettbemme, sorry, I don't know what that is.  I'll have to look at your link later.

Post edited by NGartplay on

NGartplay said:

fence...heheheh

fettbemme, sorry, I don't know what that is.  I'll have to look at your link later.

WineHQ is an Online Database for Windows Programs that have been tested on Linux. The Database will give you details about certain versions that may or may not work on Linux, ^which part of the program actually does work and if there are workarounds to make programs eventually work or not on a specific Linux Distribution.

Example for Cinema 4D:

Cinema 4D R19 will not work at all on any Linux Distribution to the point that you have to consider version R19 useless for Linux no matter what.

However, Cinema 4D R18 works aparently flawless.

Bryce does not work great on Linux due to the skinned interface components (which do look great and work on Windows but not on Linux) A previous version of Bryce may work or may work better. I don't know.

I have abandoned the Linux adventures and I'm back on Windows. 3D is my hobby which I won't give up. And apart from Blender, Linux has nothing to offer that I like which could replace Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Vue.

Linux is an Office Operating System for adventures in Big Data. Linux is not for artists. OK, I know that there is Modo for Linux which I have tried and it works great, but then you come to the point needing After Effects and that was the end with Linux. The same for studios. After Effects is too important but not availabe on Linux. It's always been like that. Switching back and forth between Linux and Windows. I'm tired of it and have better stuff to do than dualboot.

hope that helps a little

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,077

Ah, ok.  Don't think that that applies to me then.  Hope you find someone who has an interest in this.

NGartplay said:

Ah, ok.  Don't think that that applies to me then.  Hope you find someone who has an interest in this.

the OP seems to