DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

davesodaveso Posts: 6,800
Yep, it's started. Same as everyday sales . Buy this get that. Good deal on daz + membership.would be cool if it were possible to stack those 2 coupons, which is pretty rare anymore. When you look at it, unless you buy quite a bit the buy ins offset the savings quite often. I also think it strange no one started a thread on the sale. It's usually a cause for excitement.

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,186

I'm not excited yet. I think you addressed the salient points.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited June 1

Saturday is 'take care of mom - day', so I didn't have much time after change over to figure out the offers, but the start looks good

Cart010624.JPG
    535 x 695 - 56K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,297

Jack usually starts the thread in the Daz+ forum. Seeing as the sale started on a Saturday, I'd give him a little time.

My biggest problem with sales that require buy-ins is always the new releases selection: if there's nothing I even remotely want, I can't avail of the offers. At the same time, grab bags aren't too bad, though at $4.99 I put in 4 and then took out 2. Now I'm deciding whether I still want one of those two enough to pay $4.99.

PerttiA said:

Saturday is 'take care of mom - day', so I didn't have much time after change over to figure out the offers, but the start looks good

My numbers for those items are approximately double what you're showing. I'm guessing you threw in a Daz+ coupon and some tokens.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,115
    daveso said:
    I also think it strange no one started a thread on the sale. It's usually a cause for excitement.
    Doorbuster is an item that many KP fans have already purchased. $40 less value for our carts from the start.

Daz+ For A Day is $3.99 or $4.99 - outright not a good deal for many items with lower base prices, and still inferior to many recent sales for items with higher base prices. Daz doesn't seem to understand that the appeal of DFAD was - for some of us at least - "Yeah, I don't really need that item, but for $2 or $3, why not?"

I also miss when we got very good deals on Daz+ items during these sales.

And we're coming right off a week with UltraScenery 2, Tabitha 9, and a big bundle sale. Can't say I'm keen to build a big cart this weekend, even if good deals were available.

But there are some nice-looking new releases, and from what I recall, these sales tend to get better as they progress.

TL;DR - Not much to be excited about yet. Maybe later things will pick up.
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 754

I had zero luck with the March Madness sale until the St. Pat's offer; after that, the month was pretty decent to me. Seems to be a trend... the first couple weeks of any month are usually not for me.

I figure this will be similar.

(But hey, I'm open to being surprised!)

Torquinox said:

PerttiA said:

My numbers for those items are approximately double what you're showing. I'm guessing you threw in a Daz+ coupon and some tokens.

There is an orange banner for 10% off the cart and 8 tokens.

Building up the cart... Currently 20 items for $45.41 at 90% off. Still need to find about $15 worth of items...

edited June 1

doubledeviant said:

Daz+ For A Day is $3.99 or $4.99 - outright not a good deal for many items with lower base prices, and still inferior to many recent sales for items with higher base prices. Daz doesn't seem to understand that the appeal of DFAD was - for some of us at least - "Yeah, I don't really need that item, but for $2 or $3, why not?"

Those non-stacking $3.99 and $4.99 are only worth it if the listed base price is ten times higher, and this time they are not. 

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

There is an orange banner for 10% off the cart and 8 tokens.

Building up the cart... Currently 20 items for $45.41 at 90% off. Still need to find about $15 worth of items...

I got no banner, no tokens. It's ok. Have fun.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,327

PerttiA said:

Confirming on the membership. I get the same. That's even better than the deal I got a year ago, which IIRC was around $17. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644
    edited June 1

I'm surprised there is no DAZ+ item in the Debut new releases. IIRC there has been in previous DAZ+ sales.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Any idea what triggered the 10% banner?

SilverGirl said:

It's "A Special Thanks just for you!" and valid only today.

PerttiA said:

SilverGirl said:

It's "A Special Thanks just for you!" and valid only today.

Maybe recent purchases, then... I haven't bought anything since mid last month. I'm still waiting to pull the trigger on US2. Hoping they get the faulty link on that tile sorted out because I was hoping to use the 70% coupon code on the tutorial to go with it.

SilverGirl said:

Maybe recent purchases, then... I haven't bought anything since mid last month. I'm still waiting to pull the trigger on US2. Hoping they get the faulty link on that tile sorted out because I was hoping to use the 70% coupon code on the tutorial to go with it.

Probably. I got bombarded with a load of banner discounts last month and they still didn't entice me. So I'm probably off the banner list 'til I start buying again.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,144

SilverGirl said:

The 70% coupon code is STORE-WIDE and is still active as far as I can tell.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 580

Which 70% coupon? Which tutorial? Where can I find this coupon? Thank you

• ElorElor Posts: 1,144

It's on that page which was not working up until an hour ago:

https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-landscape-generation-has-come-to-daz-studio

You need to buy Ultrascenery2 and with the coupon STORE-WIDE, the first three items outside of Ultrascenery2 will receive a 70% (including if they had a bigger discount already).

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,297

emanuela1 said:

Which 70% coupon? Which tutorial? Where can I find this coupon? Thank you

It was part of the Ultrascennery 2 page deals. Buy US2 and get 3 items 70% off (does not stack).

The tutorial is, I'm guessing, this one: https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-2--a-comprehensive-guide also part of the releases from that day.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 580

Thank you joanna . :)

Elor said:

It's on that page which was not working up until an hour ago:

https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-landscape-generation-has-come-to-daz-studio

You need to buy Ultrascenery2 and with the coupon STORE-WIDE, the first three items outside of Ultrascenery2 will receive a 70% (including if they had a bigger discount already).

The page is back 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...yeah more lukewarm than sizzling..  Apparently no extra discounts on Daz+ items unless you purchase a debut or "Still New" release.   Will see what happens on Tuesday when Daz+ items are released to see if they unlock discounts or not.  

Yeah the only orange banners I got were for the new Ultrascenery 2. I have version 1 which I got at a decent discount and still haven't played around with it as I heard it's heavy on system resources (I have old hardware)..  Also have Terragen 3 which works pretty well for my needs..

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,698

You know what DAZ, let's just scrap the summer sale, why don't we. At this point, there's really nothing left of it to distinguish it from any other sale day. No BYOB, no DAZ+ free bundles, no freebies, no extra new DAZ+ items, everything tied to buying a new release, and not even a thread anymore, as far as I can see. This must be the most disapppointing version of it that I've seen so far. Let's stop riding the poor dead beast, shall we?

It's the second day of the sales and I don't find them disappointing... Cart has 39 items in it for $71.29 at 91% off with Daz+ Annual membership for $14.11 - If I could just go through with checking out (using store credit) I'd be happy

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...yeah, you even have to buy a Debut Release new to get a discount an an annual membership.  Again, I'll see what happens on Tuesday when the new June Daz+ items and freebies are released.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,921

PerttiA said:

It's the second day of the sales and I don't find them disappointing... Cart has 39 items in it for $71.29 at 91% off with Daz+ Annual membership for $14.11 - If I could just go through with checking out (using store credit) I'd be happy

Have you ever tried to purchase a membership with store credit before? Being a PA I've not had to purchase the membership and not sure what the options are available for purchasing.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,698

PerttiA said:

I'm not saying there are no good deals to be had, I'm saying everything that made it the DAZ+ summer sale has gone. It's just buy buy buy, like every other sale.  

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,403

frank0314 said:

PerttiA said:

Have you ever tried to purchase a membership with store credit before? Being a PA I've not had to purchase the membership and not sure what the options are available for purchasing.

That definitely used to work.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,921

Leana said:

frank0314 said:

PerttiA said:

Thank you

frank0314 said:

Leana said:

frank0314 said:

PerttiA said:

Thank you

Yes, I have used store credit to buy membership every time I have done it.