Will Not Save File.

VegasiteVegasite Posts: 1

Hi Newbie here. . . ..  I have never been able to save a file.   What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 11.44.13 AM.png
766 x 328 - 117K

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,674

In the menu Click Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File

This will open a text editor with your log file. Scroll to the bottom and this should give you a clue as to what went wrong with the save - assuming you did that just after getting that error.

It may be that you are trying to save in a location that Daz Studio does not have permission to write to or is being messed about with by OneDrive. Alternatively, you may be trying to use invalid characters in the save file name.

If you want someone to look at it for you then post a reply to this thread and ATTACH the log file (do not post the text into the reply body).

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,528

SofaCitizen said:

It may be that you are trying to save in a location that Daz Studio does not have permission to write to or is being messed about with by OneDrive.

The screenshot was taken on a Mac, so we can probably rule out OneDrive.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,674
    edited June 3

Oh, I must have missed that last night and now the forum software is hiding the screenshot from the post for me :(  OneDrive on a mac does seem far less invasive - atleast in my experience where it's installed on my mac at work and doesn't cause trouble.

In that case it could be that Daz Studio was never given permission to access the Documents folder? There should have been a popup requesting access on the first try but if not (or permission was denied) then that could be blocking it.

In System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy, Scroll down the list on the left side and click on "Files and Folders" and make sure that DazStudio.app is listed in there. If not you should be able to add it by clicking the padlock button (and entering your system password) to enable changes and clicking the plus button. However, on my machine the plus and minus are still greyed out and I've not had enough coffee yet to figure out why that is. I do also have DazStudio.app listed in the previous section (Full Disk Access) and that section does have a plus button so if you have the same situation then you can try adding it there to see if it works.

Never needed to change access permissions myself on either Mac but it probably should be done while DazStudio is not running as it's probably something that is picked up during launch.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 09.25.15.png
    1332 x 1170 - 371K
    Post edited by SofaCitizen on