Iray gone on DS above version 4.20 on A6000

So I've had this issue for ages, but I think it really is time to update. So I would love some help.

Ever since updating from 4.20 (4.20 works fine), never versions of the software don't have the option to render in Iray. Like, the option in the viewport and render settings simply isn't there.

I have a workstation more than capable of 3D work (4.20 works anyway), see specs below. Note that I've tried updating from 4.20 several times since the first updates after 4.20. The same issue has prevented me from updating since then. So I suppose I've been trying to update for well over a year, but still without succes. My PC has been reinstalled and drivers occasionally updated several times since then. Usually running the newest driver before starting the update.

Anything I can check that could prevent Daz from utilizing Iray? Antyhing I can prodive that could give some insight into the issue? Thanks in advance!

Specs:

Intel Xeon w7-3455 - 2.50 GHz

NVIDIA RTX A6000 - 48 GB

256 GB RAM

Windows 11 Business

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,523

Any RTX card should be supported, as far as I am aware. Have you tried using the exact driver version listed as required in the DS notes/changelog? Is it showing as an available device for dForce?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,300
    edited June 3

As Richard said, all RTX should be supported. One of my cards is RTX A6000, there's no issue on my side. But I don't understand your issue, is the card not listed in Devices List in Render Settings (like the below screen shot...), or there's is no drawstyle of Nvidia Iray, or... sth. else ?

What's your Nvidia driver version ? Game or Studio ? Better Ctrl + R first, then attach your DS log in here.

SNAG-2024-6-3-012.png
    496 x 1294 - 84K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Ah, sorry for not being clear enough. The render engine is not showing up.

I run the latest drivers from last April. The minimum required drivers (for as far as I could find) are from 2022 (Minimum R515 driver is 516.93 ). Not an exact version, but it notes a minimum. Not a specific driver. Would this matter? Where would I find the specifics of the exact driver, if minimum isn't correct? I took my info from the 4.22.0.16 Change Log page.

The card does show up in dForce, it is generally being recognized by the software. I just cant intialize the Irays render engine.

So Iray is not listed at all, no. Unfortunatly a DS log won't provide much info in this case (correct me if I'm wrong), because I can't select the render engine in order to start creating a log.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, appreciate it! :)

Iray not showing.jpg
    919 x 313 - 157K

Okay, the issue is that you found no NVIDIA Iray render engine as well as its Drawstyle.

Now you check this by referring to the attached screenshot.... is NVIDIA Iray Renderer plugin activated ? If it's not, activate it, relaunch DS.

If it's already activated...or you found no such a plugin, that'll be another story...

SNAG-2024-6-5-003.png
    2560 x 1392 - 349K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited June 5

design_a51848d0 said:

Ah, sorry for not being clear enough. The render engine is not showing up.

I run the latest drivers from last April. The minimum required drivers (for as far as I could find) are from 2022 (Minimum R515 driver is 516.93 ). Not an exact version, but it notes a minimum. Not a specific driver. Would this matter? Where would I find the specifics of the exact driver, if minimum isn't correct? I took my info from the 4.22.0.16 Change Log page.

The card does show up in dForce, it is generally being recognized by the software. I just cant intialize the Irays render engine.

So Iray is not listed at all, no. Unfortunatly a DS log won't provide much info in this case (correct me if I'm wrong), because I can't select the render engine in order to start creating a log.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, appreciate it! :)

Might be stupid questions, but is that the 64 bits version of DS (there's no Iray in the 32 bits version), and did yo enter your DS Pro serial number?

Post edited by Leana on

If so, that'll be odd ~ OP used 4.20 before upgrade, there was no such an issue. I had no related exp. but could he upgrade to an unregistered version with different bits, or was it a full re-installation with the wrong package ?

Anyway, dbl-check all these info. from DS - Help - About Daz Studio...

Well OP said 4.20 runs fine which suggests it's still installed, so I wondered if they installed the beta next to the general release to test the new versions.

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 132
    edited June 5

design_a51848d0 said:

Ah, sorry for not being clear enough. The render engine is not showing up.

Minimum required driver for 4.22.0.x is 526.98

Post edited by stefan.hums on

Leana said:

Well OP said 4.20 runs fine which suggests it's still installed, so I wondered if they installed the beta next to the general release to test the new versions.

Yea, probably ~ We need more info. from OP.

• Thanks everyone!

I like to install the software manually from the product library, not through the manager. Gotten used to doing it this way, but it's probably more prone to errors.

The Iray plugin was showing up in the plugin library (activated and well), so I went on to reinstall DS again (64 bit). For some reason I couldn't start DS after the reinstall now (error pop-up), even though I used the same installer as a few days ago (which did start at least). Removed everything completely (left over files, appdata, registry etc etc). Reinstalled all the required Microsoft redistributable packages (Visual Studio C++ stuff), tried the same installer again and checked the serial.

It now seems to work as intended! My PC has a relatively clean Windows install, so maybe it was one of the Windows redistributable packages (I don't know how those work)? No clue, but hey; I'm not complaining! :)

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I assumed it was a DS/GPU/driver issue, so I hadn't thought of doing any of those things without your help.

Glad it works now.

yes

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,928

Just to make sure.
    Do NOT install your content folder into the DAZ studio app folder.
    Always keep the App folder seperate from the content folder!
    Lot's of glitches happen because of this, as e.g. disapearing plug ins and also render engines.
    It took me a long time to figure it out myself, because this has never been a problem with other apps.