How To Reset Daz Studio Settings To Default

videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
edited January 2016 in New Users

i'm having problems with my iray renders. some of my light presets render it is too bright, and washed out the characters, i'm not sure why. For example the iRadiance light probe brightest setting washed out the character, so are iRadiance meshlights, some of the presets and the character came out too bright and washed out. Tried with DA Ring Camera same thing, only at lowest setting the character turns out fine. I might have messed up the setting in iray render, messed with the Dimension viewport changing it to Standard,wide, hd, full hd etc.. now i m not sure whats the original setting too.

Is there a way to reset everything in Daz Studio to defaul/factory setting. I can't seem to find the button to do so. Thanks

Post edited by videoninja719 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

In the Render Settings pane, next to the Engine pull-down is a Defaults button

• JohannaJohanna Posts: 119

Plus on the pull down menu right next to the smart content browser you can do a total reset using the DB maintenance and clear the whole database

• oh how can i miss it... thanks guys for helping out

• LIVA said:

Plus on the pull down menu right next to the smart content browser you can do a total reset using the DB maintenance and clear the whole database

i wonder what happens if we clear all database. all items are gone?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

It empties the database.  You can then Re-Import metadata to populate the database again.  If you have made any custom categories, tags, or metadata, make sure you Export User Data before resetting the database.

• Hello I would like to restore the initial settings of the home window, because I do not have the script tab for the Daz to Bridge, I also cannot get out of the big screen and I lost the dial at the top right of the scene ... Thank

you

• Window>Workspace>Select Layout, but the Scripts menu will not exist until you or an installer populate it.

However, the bridge commands have been moved to the File menu anyway.

I can't tell from the reduced screen shot but I think you have Shader Mixer docked in the same well as the viewport, try closing that (right-click on the tab) and the missing controls should again be visible.