Face transfer 2 makes stretched necks: Is this a bug?

Hello everyone,

Do you know why when I use Face Transfer 2 (and even Face Transfer) on a character that has undergone scaling (size 150 cm) the Morph of the head does not follow the body ie the neck is stretched as shown in the screenshot?

How can I get around this?

Thanks

catpure.PNG
907 x 779 - 199K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

I would recommend doing your face transfer on a "normal scale" figure then scaling it down.

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 133

Thank you Léana, I had already tried that... but after having done the face transfer on the basic figure then I reduce the character then the face also reduces i.e. the lips shrink ect...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,318

Is it a single character morph that you dialed on this figure ? If so, you have to split it to head and body morph, or better use a Base figure rather than a character to generate face with Face Transfer.

Scale down before generation or generate on Base figure then reduce Scale (though it's not propagating...) won't bring you such issue... (ss1)

But with a dialed single character morph before generation, it'll bring you long neck... (ss2)

So firstly dbl-check your case...

SNAG-2024-6-7-007.png
    2560 x 1392 - 672K
    SNAG-2024-6-7-008.png
    2560 x 1392 - 695K
    edited June 7

crosswind said:

Is it a single character morph that you dialed on this figure ? If so, you have to split it to head and body morph, or better use a Base figure rather than a character to generate face with Face Transfer.

Ok thanks... Yes, it's a unique character morph.

You mean I have to have 2 sliders (1 for the head and the other for the body?

Post edited by food.plus13 on

food.plus13 said:

crosswind said:

Ok thanks... Yes, it's a unique character morph.

You mean I have to have 2 sliders (1 for the head and the other for the body?

Yep ~~ I believe you've known the way of using Head Split dFormer in Starter Essentials to split a single morph into Head and Body. Then Adjust Rigging and ERC Freeze on each of them.

Yes, but I did it with Shape Splitter, so I separated the head from the body (I have 2 sliders now). 

I load the G8F base figure, set the 2 sliders (Body and Head) to 100% and when I do a face transfer, but the neck still stretches.

What am I doing wrong?

edited June 7

I don't use Shape Splitter so I don't know if it works or not in such a case. The default Head Split dFormer in Essenstial product always work for me. What's is your DS version ?

You may first use a store character you have (shorter one or with little size or scale it down...) to make a test, i.e. dial both Head / Body to 100%, then generate a head morph with Face Transfer, see if it works well or not. If it does, don't use Shape Splitter, try with Head Split dFormer instead...

For instance, I dialed Jib - a dwarf character, there's no issue on my side...

SNAG-2024-6-7-012.png
    2560 x 1392 - 687K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Thanks again... I did a test and you're right Shape Splitter was at fault

yes