Weird skin textures!? Why is this? Is it normal like that?

shryt5644675shryt5644675 Posts: 1
edited June 8 in New Users

I already tested if any other models that I own have this slight flaw, and it seems like other models are fine (Cleopatra 8.1, Freja 8, and Veronique HD).Any help would be great.

And I get that it's not that noticeable as long as you're not looking for it, but still, I want to know why this is.

Thank you.

2b.png
3840 x 2160 - 3M
3b.png
3840 x 2160 - 1M
1b.png
3840 x 2160 - 4M
Post edited by shryt5644675 on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,673
    edited June 8

Sorry if I am misunderstanding but you seem to have listed 3 models that do not have the flaw but not specified the one model that does have it? I cannot tell from the screenshot which one it is.

EDIT: I have just taken a peek under the standard G8F's chin and it looks fine. The line highlighted in your screenshot is the divider between the face and torso surfaces so perhaps your model has two different skins applied to the head and body? If it came "out of the box" like that then you should probably report that back to wherever you brought it from to get it fixed.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,324

Adjust the Bump, Displacement or Normal strength of the face surface. The resolution of the face maps is three of four times greater than the torso, so some adjustments might be needed to match the fine details along the seams. (If you adjust the torso, you might also need to adjust all adjacent surfaces too).

• suffo85suffo85 Posts: 173

I have several models like this, and the only real way I've found to fix it is to just completely customize the entire skin from top to bottom.  @NorthOf45 's suggestion will also work, but then you run into issues of lines appearing everywhere else as well and not just at the neck line, they'll be everywhere where different parts of the skin meet and then like I initially said, you have to customize the entire skin of the model to get rid of all the lines.

To save time on having to make a completely custom skin, if you have other models, you can attempt to use those skins instead.

The real fix is what @SofaCitizen suggested.  Problem is these types of issues rarely ever get fixed, most never do.  Solution is to not provide the PA (published artist), with more money by continually buying their products, and find PA's who provide quality products "OOB" instead of doing bare minimums without ever testing before releasing.  Boy I sure do like having to edit metadata with one out of an average of five purchases, fix broken dsx files, make my own Smart Product icons, or get my products out of Lost and Found, fix glowing mouths, fix shiny skins, fix unselectable hair products, etc etc etc.

Alternatively, refund the product, and buy a different one from someone who can skin correctly.  Pretty sure everything I typed out here probably belongs in /r/unpopularopinion but really, this how you enact change, you hit them where it hurts, financially.

I'm sure someone will come along to tell me just how wrong I am.   lol.

Best of luck, and welcome to Daz Studio.

• shryt5644675shryt5644675 Posts: 1
    edited June 13

Thank you for your suggestion northof45 it worked. I'm not saying it is a perfect solution, but it works well enough for me.

Post edited by shryt5644675 on