Transfering 'My Daz Connect Library' Folder to 2nd Hard Drive

Hey All,

I recently started running into storage space issues with my ever growing DAZ content library (we have all been there). To solve this issue, I purchased a 2nd SSD Hard Drive, dedicated to DAZ content. Before installing the new drive, I wiped my computer and reinstalled my computers Windows 10 Operating System (OS). Since then, I installed DIM and DAZ Studio, and successfully configured them to install the DAZ Content into the 2nd Hard Drive (Changed Directory of 'My Library'(located under my systems username), 'DAZ 3D' (located under 'Public' user), and 'My DAZ 3D Library' (located under 'Public' user) to the 2nd Hard Drive).

A couple of days ago, I noticed that a significant amount of storage space on my primary hard drive (where the OS was reinstalled) was being taken up. After investigating, I discovered that the 'My Daz Connect Library' folder under my system username (on the primary hard drive) had +200GB worth of files in it (sort of defeats the purpose of getting a 2nd drive dedicated to DAZ Content).

While there are several tutorials out there that talk about moving DAZ Content onto a 2nd hard drive, none of them talk about the 'My DAZ Connect Library' folder. Plus, the information on the internet about the 'My Daz Connect Library' folder is scarce.

Would someone be able to provide or direct me to a tutorial for:

• moving the 'My DAZ Connect Library' folder to a 2nd hard drive?
  • configuring (changing the path) DAZ Studio and DIM to use the new path for the 'My DAZ Connect Library' folder on the 2nd hard drive?
Post edited by Climberboy50 on

Comments

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

You can copy it over and tell Daz Studio where it is. You can only have one "My Daz Connect library" folder. The products will all show as uninstalled. You have to select them all and click on install. (Or do them in groups). DS is suppose to see that they are already installed and the process is suppose to go quickly. But in my experience, DS does not see them as being installed and will download them all again into the location you have specified. I mean it doesn't say anything about the products already being installed and do you want to overwrite them as you would expect if you were replacing files. But it took days for me to this. I kept looking to see if maybe Daz was installing them somewhere else instead of the new location. But no, that's where they were going.

I happened to have to do this when I got a new larger SSD C drive and had to reinstall Daz Studio. My Daz Connect library was located on an external drive. The content was there. I pointed Daz to it, but it all showed as being uninstalled