Product Overload -- Please Help!

Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 664
edited June 9 in The Commons

Is there a way that we can download the sales pages of all the products we've bought en mass?

With all the sales through this past year, I ended up more than doubling my previous 200+ pages of purchaced items--I'm now at 556! And @ 40 items per page, that's like 22240!

One of my goals had been to download all the sales pages of the stuff I've bought over the years because they contain so much vital info about base products of the characters that are supposed to wear outfits, textures for different items, and other related data that just simply doesn't appear in the DAZ product info inside the application. Unfortunately, I was only like about 1/4 or possibly 1/3 of the way done last year.... and with all those recent purchases, I'm hopelessly behind! Especially as so many items have already been retired. or are about to be, and often not even the Product ReadMe's exist for much of them. And trying to download them one-by-one from my Product Library is such a pain in the [redacted so that Richard Haseltine doesn't have to].

Hell, just allowing us a means to mass-download the entire current store listing with the status of whether we had bought them or not would seriously save me (and perhaps any others in similar situation as me) years on trying to track down every single item I've bought so far.

Thanks in advance,

Ryuu

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

I started when I was about two months in, in 2016. After I process my purchase, I go to my Product Library and print the sales pages as a pdf. If there are detailed instructions on the promos, like in scripts, I will print as png and save all in a folder. Along with that I print my email from Daz3d. Occasionally I have found my sales page messed up or missing and go back to reprint, and then find the item is not in the store. Then I have to resort to what is in the Product Library page, and open the description and then the what's included. I try to keep texture artists with the primary product. I file my downloads to match up closely to Smart Content with a few exceptions. Environments I go by PAs or by group projects. I also do this for other stores' products and freebies, along with their .zip files.

But from the sound of it, you may want to just plan on dedicating an hour or so a day to a long project and start at the oldest purchases, and print and set up a filing system that works with you. And make time for some fun with the products you rediscover in your runtime.

I can't think of anyone mentioning an automated way of printing a series of promo pages automatically.

Mary

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

This app does exactly what you want https://3dcontentmanagers.com/products/pm-daz/pm-daz.html

Unfortunately it is not for sale at the moment. Taoz the developer is active on these forums, so you could send a message to see when it might be available. If I recall he said the issue was changes with EU tax handling that stopped him selling it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

It would be useful, wouldn't it?  In fact, if you go and look at your old Renderosity items, they show a link to a copy of the original sale pages even if the item is no longer in the store.  For a brief while the product library in the DAZ store was displaying a grid view displaying to abbreviated pages for all of your old items that had a similar function, but I believe that was actually a function of the add-on DAZDEALS extension.  At the moment, however, it looks like the product library page itself is completely broken, as mine currently will just tell me how many pages I have but will not display any products (and that's with all three major browsers.)  In the past there have been multiple attempts to set up programs that could catalog all of the old product, including one that was sold here in the DAZ Store, and some other very good ones that were made by Taosoft.  Unfortunately, DAZ has a nasty habit of changing how the back end of the store operates so even the one that they sold in the store was rendered non-functional by a store update.  

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883

Havos said:

This app does exactly what you want https://3dcontentmanagers.com/products/pm-daz/pm-daz.html

Unfortunately it is not for sale at the moment. Taoz the developer is active on these forums, so you could send a message to see when it might be available. If I recall he said the issue was changes with EU tax handling that stopped him selling it.

I've actually decided to make it free for different reasons, with a donation option for those who might want to support development.  Just need to get a few things in place first.  

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883

Cybersox said:

It would be useful, wouldn't it?  In fact, if you go and look at your old Renderosity items, they show a link to a copy of the original sale pages even if the item is no longer in the store.  For a brief while the product library in the DAZ store was displaying a grid view displaying to abbreviated pages for all of your old items that had a similar function, but I believe that was actually a function of the add-on DAZDEALS extension.  At the moment, however, it looks like the product library page itself is completely broken, as mine currently will just tell me how many pages I have but will not display any products (and that's with all three major browsers.)  In the past there have been multiple attempts to set up programs that could catalog all of the old product, including one that was sold here in the DAZ Store, and some other very good ones that were made by Taosoft.  Unfortunately, DAZ has a nasty habit of changing how the back end of the store operates so even the one that they sold in the store was rendered non-functional by a store update.  

The DAZ Product Manager has been updated recently (login is also back to normal) and is generally working fine now.  If you have it installed just run it to auto-update, or PM me for a link to the latest version.  I'd think it can get your library data as it gets the data directly from the data source, and isn't dependent on the library browser itself.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 664
    edited June 11

Taoz said:

Havos said:

I've actually decided to make it free for different reasons, with a donation option for those who might want to support development.  Just need to get a few things in place first.  

Thanks Toaz! It does sound to be exactly what I need.

However, there doesn't seem to be a way to download at this time.

Nevermind, I just found the link you sent me in PM.

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

Cybersox said:

A nasty habit of fixing bugs, patching potential security issues, supporting new features.... How has the cookie authorisation pop-up been recently? The thread on the topic seems to have been encouragingly quiet.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 664

A Very Big Thank You to Taoz!

His Product Manager helped me get EVERYTHING I was needing to acquire!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Richard Haseltine said:

A nasty habit of fixing bugs, patching potential security issues, supporting new features.... How has the cookie authorisation pop-up been recently? The thread on the topic seems to have been encouragingly quiet.

The Cookie popup started terrorizing my home computer (W7+Opera) on Monday and kept on going yesterday, until I seached the code for the page and found links to the 3rd party Daz uses to keep track for the cookie consent

Blocked the URL's and no Cookie consent attacks since.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109
    edited July 13

Taoz said:

Havos said:

Wow!  This looks like exactly what I need, too!  Many thanks!

(Edited by mod to pull post from the quote)

Post edited by frank0314 on