Was "Show Asset in Mapped Folder" Removed from Content Library Search Results?

EscribanoEscribano Posts: 102

When I ran a search in the Content Library tab, I used to be able to right-click on one of the search results and select "Show Asset in: Mapped folder" and go directly to the location of that product in the library. That option no longer shows up; now "Show Asset" options only list Smart Content, Virtual Folder, and Products.

Was that option removed in 4.22? I finally upgraded a couple days ago.

If I right-click on items on the Smart Content tab, I do get the option to "Show Asset in: Content Library > Mapped Folder". So, I can select "Show Asset in: Smart Content > Files" to go to the item on the Smart Tab, then select "Show Asset in: Content Library > Mapped Folder" to reach the directory, but it is annoying to have to use two steps to accomplish what I used to be able to do in one step.

So, was the option actually removed, or am I missing something?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

Try the Virtual Folder option. For some reason, that shows up instead of Mapped Folder, but for me, it seem to do the same thing.

• EscribanoEscribano Posts: 102

barbult said:

Try the Virtual Folder option. For some reason, that shows up instead of Mapped Folder, but for me, it seem to do the same thing.

Thanks! I had been hesitant to click that since it it did not sound even remotely like what I was looking for :) 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

If you search or filter in Smart Content, it always shows "...Mapped Folder" but if you do so in Content Library, it always shows "...Virtual Folder".

"Virtual Folder" used to be associated with Daz Connect folders. Now it seems to be used for all content folders, but not consistently throughout the interface. I don't know if that name change is a bug that hasn't been fixed or if it was intentional. In Smart Content, still uses the term "Mapped Folder". I asked about htis inconsistency a long time ago, but I got no answer.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 010252.jpg
    560 x 430 - 69K
    Screenshot 2024-06-11 010403.jpg
    770 x 383 - 72K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

Virtual Folder should be the Daz Connect container (because it is an aggregation of the al the /data/cloud/1_SKU/ folders rather than a real location on disc) while mapped folders are the real content directories for content installed manually or through DIM/Daz Central. I am not sure why it would give inconsistent labels like that.

Virtual Folder should be the Daz Connect container (because it is an aggregation of the al the /data/cloud/1_SKU/ folders rather than a real location on disc) while mapped folders are the real content directories for content installed manually or through DIM/Daz Central. I am not sure why it would give inconsistent labels like that.

I think that inconsistency first showed up in the release (beta?) when Daz changed the File/New to that unpopular dialog with advertising. I asked about it at the time. It was not explained.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I think that inconsistency first showed up in the release (beta?) when Daz changed the File/New to that unpopular dialog with advertising. I asked about it at the time. It was not explained.

I'm not 100% sure but IIRC, "virtual folder" had been there for quite a while before the above-mentioned version was released.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,368

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

It has been fixed

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_152

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

It has been fixed

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_152

Thanks! I hate inconsistency.