Clothing Convertor - Genesis 8 to M4/V4

Hey,

Is there a clothing convertor from Genesis 8 to M4/V4 please?

Thanks!!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,318

AFAIK, nope... and AutoFit doesn't support M4V4.  But you may have options to convert M4V4 characters to G8.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,536
    edited June 12

Cloning the clothes? Not that I know of.

There is a difficult & long winded way that works getting Generation 8 clothing on Generation 4, though. And I really do mean it's difficult & long winded.

You turn a parametric Generation 4 character into a TriAx character, create an autofit clone for G8M and G8F, then the M4/V4 character can wear G8 clothing with a similar level of ease as G9 wears G8F/G8M clothing.

I have done it with V3 without any modelling - as below wearing a G8 Kaftan:

or the Denim Diva G8F set:

I made a 69 page tutorial with every necessary step in it and a picture for each step. You'd have to substitute the Generation 4 character everywhere I mention a Generation 3 character, but it'll work. It's just hard work to do.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/655676/tutorial-making-triax-figures-from-old-parametric-characters/p1

Once the clothes are fitted to V4, they are now TriAx V4/M4 clothes and could be saved in your library as native TriAx V4/M4 clothes.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

Evilinnocense's Crossdresser utility is able to convert Genesis 1 clothes back to V4 and M4 (program itself is free, but you need a license for the target figure).

https://www.evilinnocence.com/using-crossdresser-with-genesis/

So an option would be to convert the clothes from G8 back to G1, then use Crossdresser to convert the G1 version to M4 or V4.

• vicster56vicster56 Posts: 74

Leana & richardandtracy thanks for 2 great options!! Hope you guys have a great day!