Question about using Ultrascatter Pro

Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,531

I have had Ultrascatter Pro for a while now, but I have never been very good with it.  At the moment, I'm trying to make a scene of a child playing with blocks.  I want some of the blocks to be stacked in a pyramid shape, and others to be scattered around the floor.  I think I can scatter the loose ones by using a plane primitive under them, but I have no idea how to stack a pyramid.  Any time I try to use the matrix scatter options, all I get is a bunch of blocks tightly packed into a giant cube, with no way to move any of them around individually to change the shape (if I even get that, most of the time it just leaves me with one lone block).  So does anyone know how to: 1 - Use Ultrascatter Pro to make a block pyramid, and/or 2: make it so that the instances are separate so that I can move them around after scattering? 

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,525

1) Unfortunately, you can't combine matrix and volume limits at the same time, but for the *specific* case of a pyramid, you might be able to position a camera to use the restrict to camera option.
    2) Edit -> Object -> Instances -> Break Instance Group.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,531

Matt_Castle said:

1) Unfortunately, you can't combine matrix and volume limits at the same time, but for the *specific* case of a pyramid, you might be able to position a camera to use the restrict to camera option.
    2) Edit -> Object -> Instances -> Break Instance Group.

Thank you so much for helping!  1 - I don't really know what any of that means, I am so sorry!  I think I have some kind of mental block about this product, I am horrible with it.  I'm guessing though that it means I can't make a pyramid (at least not easily).  Rats.  2 - Ah, that's exactly what I need!  I should be able to make it work with that, starting with my "cube of cubes", and manually make it into a pyramid XD  Thanks again!