HAS THE CLOCK STARTED TICKING FOR DAZ?

13»

Comments

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,602

Yes the clock is ticking for DAZ . . . tick tock . . . tick tock . . . her'es a flash sale . . . here's when your tokens expire . . .  here's when we know you have no tokens or have not bought in a while and toss out a carrot orange banner. It's Wednesday, time for a new DAZ+ weekly. Where did the month go . . . better toss up the DAZ+ monthly. X number of days for Summer Sale, Annual PA Sale, DAZ+ Anniversary Sale, Holiday Sale, Raw Art's Anniversary Sale and Midnight at DAZ. Also April Fools, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday . . . tick tock.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,773

...add to that

...you haven't yet used your Daz+ coupons and the end of the month is nigh and the next month's codes will be posted a day early as usual.

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 365

DAZ has two critical failures that could be used effectively against them.  First, they incorrectly model the human body.  Muscles cross joints in real life, yet they don't in DAZ.  Second is the inability of DAZ to calculate a center of gravity for basic standing means posing is remarkably difficult.  Heck, even stopping a foot from passing through the floor is a task.  These two things a basic AI could calculate with ease.  Shame they aren't trying to use AI to make DAZ better.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,112

TBorNot said:

DAZ has two critical failures that could be used effectively against them.  First, they incorrectly model the human body.  Muscles cross joints in real life, yet they don't in DAZ.  Second is the inability of DAZ to calculate a center of gravity for basic standing means posing is remarkably difficult.  Heck, even stopping a foot from passing through the floor is a task.  These two things a basic AI could calculate with ease.  Shame they aren't trying to use AI to make DAZ better.

They aren't? That wasn't the impression I had (the image-generating Daz AI Studio is not the be-all and end-all of their use of AI, as the various announcements should make clear).

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,151

I briefly played with AI, but I just didn't care for it. Too many oddities, too much guessing what to write to get the best result and in what order, the endless rerendering to get the result you want...mostly just a PITA. I'm used to the pain in the butt that is 3D. LOL

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,337

At the moment DAZ AI feels like Hors d'Ouvres, not the main course, of art generation, and leaves one a bit unsatisfied with the quantity & quality. Given the speed of evolution of AI at the moment, it could be a main course in three-four years. Since the start of DAZ AI only a few months ago, I have noticed a change in the images developed with the same phrase & seed. This will continue to happen, probably at an increasing rate as more people use it. 

Regards,

Richard