G9 Hair to G8F Hair

MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,929

Converted a G9 dforce hair to G8f by using the RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 (because it is the only converter)
Now the is no simulation with the resulting G8F hair.
How do I get my simulation back?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

Was the hair using dForce Cloth engine (like Linday hairs) or dForce Hair engine?

In the first case, you can probably copy over the dForce properties from the original hair surfaces.

In the second case I don't think you can add those properties back as only PAs can create dForce Hair.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,929

Thanks for answering.
    Yes, the second case. 
    I have this perfect hair, but it is for G9 only and it looses dforce when converted to G8.
    I really don't appreciate the release of G9.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,212

I do regularly use G9 hairs on G8.

I do it by loading the hair and adjusting it to match the intended character (I hide the hair so only the scalp is visible), and when done parent the hair the the head.

edited June 20

felis said:

I do regularly use G9 hairs on G8.

I do it by loading the hair and adjusting it to match the intended character (I hide the hair so only the scalp is visible), and when done parent the hair the the head.

Yes, good point. I've tried that already and the simulation results are below expectations , compared to G9 results.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,212

Can you give an example of a hair that performs worse on G8?

Because I haver not notified any difference.

felis said:

Can you give an example of a hair that performs worse on G8?

Because I haver not notified any difference.

Well, thanks for your help. I will stop the discussion here, for I am ten seconds away from throwing my computer with all software in it into a trash bin and return to pen and paper.