Need tips on creating attractive East Asian female characters

davidpratt14davidpratt14 Posts: 28
edited June 19 in Art Studio

I have purchased a whole bunch of face morphing packages and have enjoyed creating pretty girls with them with all the hundreds of sliders I have available.  It's funny how it is almost impossible to recreate the face of a real-life model in Daz with all of those, not just due to my own inherent limitations as a real artist, but mostly due to the way the morphs all interact with each other.  However, due to the clever way the Daz basic G8 character is designed, it is incredibly easy to create original ones that are truly quite attractive with the tools. 

But the tools seem to be oriented to a Western European face, as is the basic Daz G8 female character.  A subgroup of my (little) group of fans on DeviantArt really want me to create East Asian girls as well.  That has turned into a real nightmare.  Sure, I can make the eyes (somewhat) Asian-looking with a couple of sliders, adjust the "depth" of various facial features, or adjust the "roundness" or "flatness" of a face, but getting a "pretty" face out of all that is far, far more difficult than a Western European face.  I have even tried the "Face Transfer" feature in Daz hoping that I could use a real-life model photo as a starting point, but it doesn't really work well as it shifts around the facial features too much.  Attached is the best I can do.  It isn't good enough.

It appears that other artists (and I hate to actually include myself in an "artist" category as I never really got beyond creating stick figures from my Grade 2 elementary school class) seem to have this problem also, since by my standards, the Asian Daz characters available for purchase are either just Western girls with Asian eyes, or are simply downright unattractive.  I'm not so sure my own standards are all that high, either, since AI is able to generate very pretty Asian girls:

https://playground.com/search?q=a++taiwan++beautiful+and+sexy+girl with+smile

...as any of those girls are the "look" I am after.  I cannot, after dozens of hours at it, create a girl that even remotely looks like any of those girls with the Daz tools I have.   I have even purchased a couple of Asian girls from Daz that were somewhat attractive and wanted to use them as a base for my morphing, but my modifications made them look even worse that what they are in the standard package.  For anyone questioning my claim, I challenge you to just create a character that has the same lips of those girls in the link above.  You almost certainly won't be able to.

Maybe the pro graphic artists out there are able to do whatever they want with other software packages outside of Daz, such as Blender or other things.  But those are either too expensive or involve a learning curve that is outside my limited time available to learn. Due to limitations of AI, it isn't practical for me to get into that yet, either.

So before I give up on creating Asian girls, do any of you Daz gurus out there know of any special Daz tools and/or techniques that would enable me to create a pretty East Asian girl?  That would mean the tools/techniques that would enable me to create one of those above-mentioned AI girls in Daz.  I may not have a big following, but my inability to make cute Asian girls is letting some of those guys down.  And since those particular guys happen to be a unit of US Army Special Forces (aka Green Berets), getting on their bad side isn't a healthy option.  I'm too old to join them in combat, but I consider this a patriotic thing I can do for them. smiley

Nari 01.jpg
2500 x 2500 - 2M
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments