Daz (4.21) absolutely refusing to install newly bought items into Smart Content

Hello All!

Yesterday I had bought 3 figures from the Daz store:

Zhi for Kayo 8,  Bahar for G8F, and Vanja HD for Victoria 8.

The first figure installed fine and she shows up in my Smart Content folder.   The other two didn't.  I did find them in the Content Library and when I right clicked on it and selected "Show In Smart Content", both of the figures were in lost and found.  That isn't acceptable, so I had tried a few things to see if I could get them to show up in the Smart Content:

Uninstall and reinstalled it...that didn't work.

Reimported the metadata...that didn't work.

While I know I can access the character via the Lost and Found folder, I have HUNDREDS of figures and I know I will eventually forget they are there.  Further, when I do access the folder from within Lost and Found, nothing is itemized, it is all bunched together in one folder.  Meaning the actors, the materials the shapes, are all in one folder.  Again, no good.

Not sure what is going on here as to why this happened and why it is refusing to install properly.    I had looked up the artist (creator) on both figures and they are not the same, so I can't blame the person that created the figures.

So, what I want to know now is how to get the characters out of the Lost and Found folder and put them into the Smart Content folder where it belongs.

Thank you,

Geo

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,916

Strictly speaking, DIM doesn't install things into Smart Content. Smart Content relies on metadata, and if the metadata isn't properly set up, nothing you do in DIM is going to fix the problem. As for those two characters, their creators are recent emigrees from Renderosity, and products migrated from Rendo have just been added to the store as-is, so if they didn't have metadata at Rendo, they don't have it in the Daz store, either.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,318
    edited June 20

It's not Daz Studio's issue but the product issue. As Gordig said, the issue must result from the wrong metadata file or even missing metadata DSX file in the product package. This issue also happened to some of the products made by other emigrees from Rendo a while ago.

If you filter in Smart Content with the product names or SKUs but find nothing, most likely there was no metadata imported... You may open DSX file with Notepad++, check if the product metadta are correct, especially if the path of the product items are as same as the product folders you can locate from Content Library ~~

Besides, the category "Lost and Found" just stores the product items to which no Category is given in metadata of the product package. So, no DSX file or wrong metadata leads to no metadata or wrong metadata imported into cms database, then you'll have no way to find the product items either in Lost and Found.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,561

Load and select the base figure. Drag the presets from the Content Library into the desired category in Smart Content. A dialogue box will open which should have the compatibility and category already set, you may need to set the content type. That will do the base set up to make the files work in Smart Content.