Lianna 9 - looking good

davesodaveso Posts: 6,598

Lianna 9 | Daz 3D

Not too sure about the rest of the Pro package, but the main character, Lianna, appears to have some very nice skin textures. Some of the best I've seen for awhile. One complaint, the breakout of the HD product. Suppose it keeps the price down a bit if you only want the main character. 

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,814

She doesn't have the aging normals under her eyes like every previous Caucasian Core Figure; so, I may finally be able to G9 skin my G8.1 leading lady. The inflato-boobs spoil a body type that was quite different. The HM outfit is the usual brilliance from him.

• Nothing I want from the bundles, except maybe one hair. On weeks like these, I'd rather just buy the character. Then the HD morph being a separate product puts me off. To my eyes, as nonsensical as making the skins a separate product.

Her skin looks fabulous. Her breasts are a disaster, imo. Such a shame - the rest of her body is very nice, but the amount of work needed to sculpt her breasts into human anatomy isn't worth it. So I guess it doesn't really matter that the HD is separate after all, because I just can't with any of my conscious purchase those breasts.

• PancakePancake Posts: 53

I'm just picking up the character - Every outfit in the bundle has high heels, even the archer!

Honestly, how much demand is there really for these outfits where a medieval fighter can't even walk through a well lit forest path without risking breaking an ankle?

• midgard229midgard229 Posts: 20
    edited June 20

She has a really nice face so she was fun to use; especially since she could easily be turned into a Drow with the Darkholme skin add-on

Liana Portrait sig small.png
    1154 x 1500 - 4M
    Lianna Dark Elf sig small.png
    1269 x 1650 - 4M
    Post edited by midgard229 on
  • savagestugsavagestug Posts: 154

Skipped the bundle, but am liking the skin and face, so grabbed the character. Not a fan of the body shape, but I've got plenty of others to mix up.

• ElorElor Posts: 852

I get the meaning of 'Custom Augmented Breast' (she could also be called Rune 9, Rune 7 has a similar shape here) or 'Custom sculpted naval', but what does 'Custom muscular body contours' mean ? The picture is too small to see what it's supposed to mean.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,126

I like the skin, but the boobs are indeed overinflated. I guess you could dial it down. But with this darker skin I wish her features were more Latina.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,814

midgard229 said:

She has a really nice face so she was fun to use; especially since she could easily be turned into a Drow with the Darkholme skin add-on

Those are spectacular renders! Thanks for posting. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 438

Really loving that the skin came separate and had a version included for masculine shape. It was exactly what I needed for one of my characters, and I didn't have to get a whole character shape I didn't need for the one part I did.

• midgard229midgard229 Posts: 20
    Thank you very much!
    xyer0 said:

midgard229 said:

Those are spectacular renders! Thanks for posting. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,902

I have her and her HD in my cart. I was surprise to see folks describe her breasts as 'inflated'. Her measurements are noted as:

• Height: 6' 0.4" (183.8 cm)
    • Bust Circumference: 36.5" (92.6 cm)
    • Waist Circumference: 26.7" (67.7 cm)
    • Low Hip Circumference: 37.9" (96.2 cm)

She looks pretty normal. She actually has measurements close to mine in my 20s/30s, except my height was 5' 8.5". The outfits do make it look like she has been augmented but her naked images don't. There are implants that will allow women and men to recover their natural breast shapes after cancer, injuries to the chests, or born with Poland Syndrome. My post-military career was with an international medical device manufacturer for twenty years.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,598
    edited June 20

I'm confused on the blue tone product..can;t you just change the color tone of the original for different skin colors? 

Post edited by daveso on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,224

daveso said:

I'm confused on the blue tone product..can;t you just change the color tone of the original for different skin colors? 

While you can indeed do that, it's not exactly the same as having maps and settings which were meant as "someone with blue skin" in the first place.

For example the colors variations might be different from a pale skin with a blue overlay.

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 416
    edited June 20

Oh, here's a fun one. I bought the Undead Elf textures because I thought they'd be more in line for my kinds of elves than blue ones.  I assumed that, with them including male genitals, they'd be suitable for male characters.  I mean, you'd expect so, right?

Wrong. Theres no masculine chest texture. Only a feminine one. *facepalm* Male genitals, but no male chest. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Well, that's what I get for assuming, because the store doesn't say it includes it. But still... wow.

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • PancakePancake Posts: 53

Pax Asteriae said:

Oh, here's a fun one. I bought the Undead Elf textures because I thought they'd be more in line for my kinds of elves than blue ones.  I assumed that, with them including male genitals, they'd be suitable for male characters.  I mean, you'd expect so, right?

Wrong. Theres no masculine chest texture. Only a feminine one. *facepalm* Male genitals, but no male chest. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Well, that's what I get for assuming, because the store doesn't say it includes it. But still... wow.

I find it helpful to use this bookmark to determine what's in a package:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/93453/file_list

Change the URL to the 5 digit ID number listed on the store page, then scroll down to the bottom to the contents of the Runtime folder and you can see all the textures that come bundled.

It can help determine if you get male chest/genitals that aren't explicitly listed but assumed with names like

GensF.jpg and GensM.jpg 
    BodyM.jpg BodyF.jpg etc

Pancake said:

Pax Asteriae said:

I find it helpful to use this bookmark to determine what's in a package:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/93453/file_list

Change the URL to the 5 digit ID number listed on the store page, then scroll down to the bottom to the contents of the Runtime folder and you can see all the textures that come bundled.

It can help determine if you get male chest/genitals that aren't explicitly listed but assumed with names like

GensF.jpg and GensM.jpg 
    BodyM.jpg BodyF.jpg etc

Well, like I say, it's not listed on the Undead Elven Skin Add-On page, which only specifies "All Mat," no reference to male chest textures, so technically mea culpa.  But since there are male genitals, I guess the only kind of undead elves in DAZ-land are very highly specific adult-action ones...

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,305

I'm going to put in a ticket since the ad explicity says "Skin includes nipple placement and anatomical elements for masculine and feminine characters, so add it to any of your Genesis 9 characters and give them a new look." Since there is no nipple placement, it should be corrected.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,712

Finally another G9 DAZ "flagship" figure I like ..... except for the fingers. Is it just me, or are the fingers/hand simply not right? I really like the figure shape as a starting point, but the fingers ... the fingers ... now I can't un-see them. Does anyone have a simple fix for them, or am I seeing something that really isn't an issue? I guess one could move the carpels together a bit to get rid of the mini sausage look? Otherwise I'm quite tempted by Lianna 9.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 438

Leana said:

daveso said:

While you can indeed do that, it's not exactly the same as having maps and settings which were meant as "someone with blue skin" in the first place.

For example the colors variations might be different from a pale skin with a blue overlay.

Yup.

Also, in my case, I'm putting it on a base character I'm converting up from G8 (and then tweaking). So this is actually cheaper than the texture converter even when it's on sale, *and* I don't have to fuss with converting it and then trying to get the blue to look right. Plus, I hadn't used my $6 DO coupon yet. Totally worth half-ish of that to save myself beating my head into the desk. He's one of the main characters, so I'm going to be both picky about him looking right and easily frustrated when I can't manage it the long way.

• OrangeFalconOrangeFalcon Posts: 53

I love her and the Bundle. With tokens and the Juneteenth coupon the pro bundle was only $21.26. Great deal!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,286
    A male Wagner add-on for the Darkholme character would have been cool - a geograft tail and two-finger/toe morph

Can't help with the fingers, but if you have the Tara 9 Succubus addon, you could try colouring or retexturing the tail from that to match? It's not exactly like Nightcrawler's tail, but it'd be a lot less postwork than not having one at all.

• memcneil70 said:

I have her and her HD in my cart. I was surprise to see folks describe her breasts as 'inflated'. Her measurements are noted as:

She looks pretty normal. She actually has measurements close to mine in my 20s/30s, except my height was 5' 8.5". The outfits do make it look like she has been augmented but her naked images don't. There are implants that will allow women and men to recover their natural breast shapes after cancer, injuries to the chests, or born with Poland Syndrome. My post-military career was with an international medical device manufacturer for twenty years.

I see the opposite to you, I guess. Clothed, I see a GREAT bra. Naked, I see a GREAT bra. Wait, that second image isnt working somehow laugh

I think the inflated description that has been used comes from that perfectly spherical and lifted frontal shape, not her measurements. I wont ever render her topless or anything, but I'm really torn on her because although she has a fantastic head sculpt and wonderful skin, her breasts simply aren't normal outside of surgery or a GREAT bra. But maybe they're meant to be rendered in a GREAT bra. Then again, maybe they're normalising unhealthy ideals. I guess I'd be far more comfortable if the description talked about GREAT bras rather than augmentation. But maybe thats just me.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,598
    edited June 20

ainm.sloinneadh said:

memcneil70 said:

I see the opposite to you, I guess. Clothed, I see a GREAT bra. Naked, I see a GREAT bra. Wait, that second image isnt working somehow laugh

I think the inflated description that has been used comes from that perfectly spherical and lifted frontal shape, not her measurements. I wont ever render her topless or anything, but I'm really torn on her because although she has a fantastic head sculpt and wonderful skin, her breasts simply aren't normal outside of surgery or a GREAT bra. But maybe they're meant to be rendered in a GREAT bra. Then again, maybe they're normalising unhealthy ideals. I guess I'd be far more comfortable if the description talked about GREAT bras rather than augmentation. But maybe thats just me.

yeah, why does she  have breast augmentation? Now, is it possible to adjust her breasts to normal instead of fantasy global augmentaton? Maybe they're sculpted to be that way forever and ever.  

Post edited by daveso on
  • MalandarMalandar Posts: 724

OrangeFalcon said:

I love her and the Bundle. With tokens and the Juneteenth coupon the pro bundle was only $21.26. Great deal!

Extra 20% off if you buy one item from one of the new vendors which brings it down to 17.01

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,388

Another young white woman; we don't have enough yet. Lianna 9's body is ok, but her face is trivial. I don't like her mouth in particular. But she seems to be quite nice to blend and the skin is apparently good. 

The bundles: Oh dear. 'Sexy' outfits, as far as the eye can see, some with ultra-high heels. Hair that we have seen far too often for Genesis 9. The Darkholme Texture Add-on may be interesting for people who do not yet own any of the many similar products that can be found in the shop. However, these usually offer much more possibilities. 

Firearms. I thought that there were more than enough of them in the shop. The fact that the sometimes completely superfluous but expensive 'Alt Shapes' are not (or no longer?) included is a positive thing. Maybe I'll just take the character.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

daveso said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

memcneil70 said:

yeah, why does she  have breast augmentation? Now, is it possible to adjust her breasts to normal instead of fantasy global augmentaton? Maybe they're sculpted to be that way forever and ever.  

I don't see any mention of separate breast morphs in the What's Included, and there is no sign of any in the file list.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,778

Love the body shape! Finally one I wouldn't have to tweak as much. Not into some of the drow stuff so debating about the bundle but love the character and a few other items from the bundle. I wish we could create our own starter bundle. They rarely divide it up in a way I like. But this is my favorite Daz O released for G9 so far! 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,778

memcneil70 said:

Same here, I'm 5'8" but with a bit smaller breasts and hips but her height of over 6 feet make her look much skinnier and breasts bigger. I would kill to have her body lol. (Not literally, of course!) 

Someone mentioned not liking the hands. I don't see anything wrong with them (and you can always use morphs to enhance.) There are many characters on here that are young but look like they have bad arthritis, especially from a certain popular PA I won't mention and that's really hard to fix. I would maybe just make the fingers a bit longer to match her height. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,813

At $17.01 the Pro bundle was a no brainer, even if it is a rather eclectic group of items.  That said, she does have a nice sculpt and texture, so I'm surprised there haven't been more comments in this thread.