Dimples?

Hello!

I need a little help. I'm trying to figure out how to put dimples on my character's face. I just seem to not figure it out. I'm still relitivly new at this, so can anyone give me any pointers?

Thank you!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,363
    edited June 22

- if you own some morph products, try to search Dimple morph and dial the propertie(s)  (e.g.  https://www.daz3d.com/rarestone-s-face-morphs-collection-for-genesis-8-female)

- or you may sculpt dimples in exteral applications like Blender, then send OBJ back to DS for creating Dimple morph(s).

SNAG-2024-6-22-001.png
    2560 x 1392 - 664K
    SNAG-2024-6-22-002.png
    2560 x 1392 - 881K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037

You could probably use a dForm or a Push Modifer with a weight map in Daz Studio itself.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,363

Yep, dFormer as well as a tool which used to be one of my favorites - Mesh Grabber. If you own it, just a couple of pushes will do then directly create a morph in DS wiht Mesh Grabber addon.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 541

madmanskingdom72 said:

Hello!

I need a little help. I'm trying to figure out how to put dimples on my character's face. I just seem to not figure it out. I'm still relitivly new at this, so can anyone give me any pointers?

Thank you!

A few days ago, I came across a DAZ Education YouTube video on using the D-Form tool. It was done seven years ago and the presenter is a bit long winded (20 minutes) but the example demonstrated from time 14:45 in the video to the end is about using the tool to put a dimple on a character’s face.  The video is DAZ Studio - The D-Form Tool and is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZazeppW7TY&t=9s .

• kprkpr Posts: 79

You can also do it in Daz's (free) Hexagon - via the Daz/Hexagon bridge (and save as your own morph). With a bit of "care" in Hexagon, quickly produces a nice effect. Tutorial on YouTube by Jay Versluis