Shader Question

I am at me wits end trying to find a solution to my shader.  So just like when you apply the PBR shader to the skin so to speak, some of the other channels dissapear, like the Matallic Flakes Thin Film and IOR similiar channels.  I need these channels so how to i add them back into the materials pane?  I swear, before all you had to do is save as Shader the areas you wanted, and when you change the material to PBR so to speak, and you selected your saved shader for those channels that you selected it would ADD it to the tree, instead of changing anything else...  What gives?

Please someone have a solotuion to this, as i need the surfaces to work correctly.

thanks

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262

As default, PBRSkin shader was specifically designed for being used on human skin surfaces, so a few non human skin related shader slots in Iray Uber shader have been removed in PBRSkin shader.

So you have no way to bring them back unless you customize a new shader with Shader Mixer... but that'll be another story. If you DO need those slots, just keep using Iray Uber shader (though I don't think those slots are really meaningful on human skin surfaces...)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Most of the shaders DAZ provide come with a lot of settings that are hidden by default, to access them use the Surfaces tabs option menu (the 3 line "hamburger" button, or right click the actual tab) and select show hidden properties.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Generally when proeprties auto-hide it is becauise theya re not relevant, meaning will not do anything. Having Hidden Properties on is a recipe for confusion.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

so you are using different shaders but expecting them to behave the same? Just use Uber if you need Uber or am i missing something?