G9 to 8 clothing converter, some textures not loading

Probably I have missed something obvious, but have converted a couple of clothing sets from G9 to G8 using Riversoft/Sickleyield's converter (White Witch and HM Remy). The non default textures work for white witch, but I get an error loading the HM Remy textures.

Here's what the log file says (I have zero idea what it means...). Anyone got any advice on how to fix this? Thank you!

2024-06-22 14:30:55.490 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
2024-06-22 14:30:55.490 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 9/Clothing/Daz Originals/HM Remy Outfit/Materials/HM Remy Pants 05 Black Tapes.duf
2024-06-22 14:30:55.517 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
2024-06-22 14:30:55.625 [WARNING] :: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
2024-06-22 14:30:55.625 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/people/genesis 9/clothing/daz originals/hm remy outfit/materials/hm remy pants 05 black tapes.duf
    Operation failed

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,363
    edited June 22

Yup, that issue comes from the hierarchical material presets as well scene IDs...

H.Material Presets from original HM Remy product only works for G9. If you want to apply them on G8: select G8 figure, Edit - Figure - Scene Identification..., in the field of Node Name, change it to Genesis9. Then apply H.Mat presets while selecting the figure or the clothing. After things done, change Node Name back to Genesis8Female or Genesis8_1Female.

Material presets in White Witches are mostly non H.Mat, so it worked.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Thank you Crosswind! I'll give that a test as soon as I get back to working on that scene. I've learned something new :D

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,363

hepworthandrew_6975d83531 said:

Thank you Crosswind! I'll give that a test as soon as I get back to working on that scene. I've learned something new :D

No problem ! yes

• Worked a treat, Crosswind. Cheers!