Hey DAZ, why not make it easier to shop?

OK, probably all the things I would like to have are part of the DAZ Deals Pro plugin. But I am just reluctant to pay a monthly amount for something I think DAZ should provide for free to get (more of) my money like...

# include a checkbox "only show wishlisted"
Should not be so hard and would make scrolling to shop listing much easier

# allow to sort DAZ+FAD by discount %
With the new $4.99/$3.99 pricing and no token stacking that category became rather unattractive to me recently. But there are things with a rather high price tag like tutorials in there which profit from the fixed DAZ+FAD amount. But it's hard having to manually scroll through those all the time.

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,916

DD plugin is great, but I think $50/yr is a bit much unless you spend a lot more at the Daz store than I do. The free components still add value. It's worthwhile to have the plugin whether you pay or not. I could see paying the $5/mo for the biggest months of the year - December, November and maybe March.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,752

Why should I pay anyone to find deals at DAZ?! Why does DAZ make things so hard?!

Guess that's why I haven't shopped here for a long time.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,671

Ron Knights said:

Why should I pay anyone to find deals at DAZ?! Why does DAZ make things so hard?!

Personally, I don't find it hard to navigate and shop here. I look at products, if something interests me, I wishlist it if not on sale. If on sale I add to the cart and checkout, it's pretty straigtforward IMO. I do use the free version of Daz Deals, have for years., The search option isn't as accurate as I would like, but I can usally find what I want with the right keyword. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,799

The Daz Deals, Opera plugin (free) is an older version, which still has the "Show wishlist" (when one has the patience to wait long enough)

At work with Chrome (no Show Wishlist), I use the regular filters to show only Daz Studio items which are Daz Originals and if the remaining list is still too long, I select G8&G8.1 and start looking for bargains.
    Only if I can get over 90% off for non-DO items, I start looking for them too.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,424

last week when I went to check out a few times a menu popped up and start looking through and these deal codes to see if I had any I could use for discounts is this related to what you guys are talking about cause I haven't added any app or subscribed to anything 

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 789

Ron Knights said:

I have been going on about this for years. I thenk Caz loses more in sales that it would cost them to pay for daz deals. But if a lot of people are paying for daz deals, they may not want to even let daz do that. 

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 416

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

last week when I went to check out a few times a menu popped up and start looking through and these deal codes to see if I had any I could use for discounts is this related to what you guys are talking about cause I haven't added any app or subscribed to anything 

Do you use MS Edge as a browser, by any chance?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,810

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

Yeah, that sounds like a Microsoft Edge feature.  It pops up for me in Edge, but not in Google or Chrome.   

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,588
    edited June 26

Cybersox said:

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

Yeah, that sounds like a Microsoft Edge feature.  It pops up for me in Edge, but not in Google or Chrome.   

early on the coupons worked from the box, but I haven't had one apply for months.  Started wondering if DAZ figured out a way to block them or something

Post edited by daveso on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,588

Regarding the difficulty shopping here, maybe its like the supermarket..if you look around to find stuff, you might see something else that catches your eye, and buy it. That impulse buying thing. If you can go directly to what you know you want, that sales opportunity goes away for DAZ. 

I never go shopping. I mostly get everything from Amazon. It's easy to find stuff there.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,597
    edited June 27

Rod Wise Driggo said:

OK, probably all the things I would like to have are part of the DAZ Deals Pro plugin. But I am just reluctant to pay a monthly amount for something I think DAZ should provide for free to get (more of) my money like...

With the new $4.99/$3.99 pricing and no token stacking that category became rather unattractive to me recently. But there are things with a rather high price tag like tutorials in there which profit from the fixed DAZ+FAD amount. But it's hard having to manually scroll through those all the time.

And if they did, I have no doubt they would get more of your money. But I like to save money so I am more than willing to pay the DAZ Dealz fee. It, like the platinum or DAZ+ subscription, pays for itself repeatedly.

I think asking DAZ to implement this would be like asking my husband to review my books, a biased result because he loves everything I do. The thing is you hit the nail on the head except for the fact DAZ DEALZ pays for itself repeatedly. When the sales look awesome but you see (via DAZ Dealz) that you are paying 12.99 for something that went on sale at  2.99 you recognize the deal is not so great and wait, and it pays for itself.. Would DAZ show you that? Be that transparent? My guess is no. If Daz ever wiped out DAZ Dealz I would bail. The search engine is bad enough who needs another shopping clusterf@**k experience. Seriously!

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 121

ArtAngel said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

And if they did, I have no doubt they would get more of your money. But I like to save money so I am more than willing to pay the DAZ Dealz fee. It, like the platinum or DAZ+ subscription, pays for itself repeatedly.

I think asking DAZ to implement this would be like asking my husband to review my books, a biased result because he loves everything I do. The thing is you hit the nail on the head except for the fact DAZ DEALZ pays for itself repeatedly. When the sales look awesome but you see (via DAZ Dealz) that you are paying 12.99 for something that went on sale at  2.99 you recognize the deal is not so great and wait, and it pays for itself.. Would DAZ show you that? Be that transparent? My guess is no. If Daz ever wiped out DAZ Dealz I would bail. The search engine is bad enough who needs another shopping clusterf@**k experience. Seriously!

Unless I'm missing something, this function of DAZ deals is free? So Daz is missing out regardless, though I understand your point I don't think anyone should expect Daz to have a thing that tells people 'this has been cheaper previously'

What I think Daz does need to add is a way to filter a selection to just show wishlisted items, like the other day it was "38,000"  items on sale, but I'm not scrolling through all of that, whereas a quick filter would have probably highlighted some things I did want to buy.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,163

theflarf said:

ArtAngel said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Unless I'm missing something, this function of DAZ deals is free? So Daz is missing out regardless, though I understand your point I don't think anyone should expect Daz to have a thing that tells people 'this has been cheaper previously'

What I think Daz does need to add is a way to filter a selection to just show wishlisted items, like the other day it was "38,000"  items on sale, but I'm not scrolling through all of that, whereas a quick filter would have probably highlighted some things I did want to buy.

That's basically my idea too. When I see such large selections, I do occasionally open my wishlist and filter by artist, or some other trick like that. And I might go back to using the bookmarks/favourites from my browser sometime again. But, overall, the Daz searching, filtering and sorting features are severely lacking. The Daz Deals addon fixed a lot of these limitations, but it's sadly a paid add-on now, and for some reason, I can't get BuyMeACoffee to accept paypal, and can't find an option to pick iDEAL (soon better known as WERO, a cross-european payment system) either.

edited June 28

Drip said:

theflarf said:

ArtAngel said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

That's basically my idea too. When I see such large selections, I do occasionally open my wishlist and filter by artist, or some other trick like that. And I might go back to using the bookmarks/favourites from my browser sometime again. But, overall, the Daz searching, filtering and sorting features are severely lacking. The Daz Deals addon fixed a lot of these limitations, but it's sadly a paid add-on now, and for some reason, I can't get BuyMeACoffee to accept paypal, and can't find an option to pick iDEAL (soon better known as WERO, a cross-european payment system) either.

The price history is free but these guys cannot work for nothing or maintain server costs, and a database driven program for free. So if DAZ implement the things that are PRO DAZealz will have to make money somehow. I love being able to drill down by % off. Anyway, the real problem is, DAZ changes it's store code often . . . too often, and sometimes it's for an improvement, that works or doesn't, and other times it's just to test us like grouped rats for ads and what not. Every time DAZ changes it's shopping/search code, some things break, including the DAZDealz. But everytime it breaks, DAZDealz regard that break as a top priority and they roll their sleeves up and fix it within a short time frame. How many times have we vented about a broken this in the forum or store and had to live with it for a substantial amount of time? I get why. Maintaining code for a site like this is a huge endeavour. And I respect their priorities because although DAZ Studio is free and they need to pay an enormous amount of overhead too. BUT, showing us checkboxes for Wishlisted, Owned, % off,  Required, or Add-ons are but a few of the DAZDealz PRO features that $5 bucks a month gets you. I suspect DAZ is focused on maintaining a smooth running store, testing buyer habits/profiles, and working on newer/Beta versions of DAZ Studio. Daz has changed their store multiple times, asked for suggestions and chooses what to implement. I have seen this type of post before, griping about something that is already available. DAZDealz has worked hard to maintain their business, and I am a supporter who believes they deserve to succeed. If you can't stand not having a more pleasant shopping experience, consider investing in DAZDealz. Those guys break their backs delivering great customer support and I am amazed the price is only $5.00 extra per month. I hope they never get the boot. It was their idea, their endeavour, their programming skills, and it is a business they operate and deserve the right to continue to operate. Not all programming code is open source.

Post edited by ArtAngel on

Ok, they do a lot of work, and deserve to be paid. But I have no interest in such an operation.

I go to the DAZ store, and look for specific items. It would be nice if there was a deal for those items. But I won't let the lack of a deal change my mind.

Ron Knights said:

Ok, they do a lot of work, and deserve to be paid. But I have no interest in such an operation.

I go to the DAZ store, and look for specific items. It would be nice if there was a deal for those items. But I won't let the lack of a deal change my mind.

Absolutely.yes++. I often, frequently, am most likely to buy items out of the gate when they fill a need, on day one of the release. But when there's a flash sale or a DAZ+ish sale with 10,000 items or 20,000 items I cringe. I love a sale but when DAZDealz broke, and I had to scroll through 3000 items looking for hearted items, and couldn't search my huge giant wishlist by % off, I bailed and was so fustrated I deleted my entire wishlist so the frustration would end. And it did. I buy for current but also future projects. Some items I bought two years ago, for a draafted sci-fi series I am just grinding my teeth on, are no longer available.  So I am so thankful I scooped up those assets at the best price possible. Those are the types of things, future needs, not out of the gate sales, I use it for. If a sale is within a certain price range, and I can tweak the cart to gain assets for future projects, assets I would normally put on hold until a certain time frame, I do scoop them up knowing they are specific to a future project or a current work in progress.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,810

ArtAngel said:

I buy for current but also future projects. Some items I bought two years ago, for a draafted sci-fi series I am just grinding my teeth on, are no longer available.  So I am so thankful I scooped up those assets at the best price possible. Those are the types of things, future needs, not out of the gate sales, I use it for. If a sale is within a certain price range, and I can tweak the cart to gain assets for future projects, assets I would normally put on hold until a certain time frame, I do scoop them up knowing they are specific to a future project or a current work in progress.

This is a big thing that newer users often don't get until it's too late, that the items that are in the store today items AREN'T necessarily going to be in the store forever.  While some items will be here for a good length of time, some vendors will clean out their older items, others will simply leave without notice, and some items will disappear without a trace within just a few days.  Generally you're safe if you wait a few months, but for those who have long-term plans that involve using DAZ assets, you always run the risk of not being able to access them when you do need them.  

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,916

Seems to me, there are few items that are truly rare such that a similar alternative can't be found.