Preparing Scene IRAY Preview Loop of Death Returns

lioncrudlioncrud Posts: 20

Tried looking at older threads about this but nothing works so far.  Here's the rundown: 

-Been using Daz for about 2 years now, haven't had this issue. 

-Decent system with a RTX 3090. 

-Running Daz3D progoam only (not multiple programs open) with nothing loded but a G8.1 Male or Female with hair and simple clothing.  The clothing I am using is same as what i've been using for years with no isssues. 

-NVIDIA drivers are updated to the latest. 

- Memory is at 32% usage. Does not appear to be a VRAM limit issue.

-Tried closing and restarting Daz, nothing worked.  Tried restarting my entire computer and it looks like the issue went away initally but then started up again. 

- Image render is nothing but a transparent background :(

- Advanced render settings checked boxes for GPU only (CPU is disabled, and has been for past 2 years, which has worked fine until now).

- This problem JUST started this week.

Please help!

UPDATE: It appears that I've pinpointed what triggers the error. Using the Out of Touch vendor product "Rasta Tails Hair and OOT Hairblending 2.0 for Genesis 3 Female (s)" and applying the required materials you are instructed to use triggers the Preparing Scene error.  The odd thing though is that I've used that hairstyle with no issue just a week ago.  I wonder if the hair product files were altered...

Post edited by lioncrud on

Comments

• artxtapartxtap Posts: 157

oot has known issue that crash daz3d.

i paid good money for things[oot hair] that i can not use[crashs!!!]

and yes people say it's a NVIDIA thing, but how about the PA fit his/her items to work around what the NVIDIA issue is!, ........just saying!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

artxtap said:

oot has known issue that crash daz3d.

i paid good money for things[oot hair] that i can not use[crashs!!!]

and yes people say it's a NVIDIA thing, but how about the PA fit his/her items to work around what the NVIDIA issue is!, ........just saying!

The PA has fixed the main issue, thougfh some older products may have been missed and if you have older versions of the file for any reason then that may enbd up being loaded in preference to the fixed version.