Can a Controller Be Made to Hide Multiple Bones at Once?

I know there are scripts, and right click options, but I'm hoping it's possible to create a controller like the attached image that toggles multiple bones at once. I made a house for Daz and rigged all the walls, windows, doors, etc. Now I want to be able to hide each wall and all of it's children with a simple click of a button. Is something like this possible?

Thanks!

Visible.png
361 x 67 - 6K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

Hold CTRL while hiding a bone.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Gordig said:

Hold CTRL while hiding a bone.

That is for clicking on the eye oin the Scene pane, not for the button in Parameters, and is for hiding a hierarchy of nodes.

Selecting multiple bones and clicking the Visible button should hide all, if not open the pane's option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner or right-click the tab) and make sure that Preferences>Consolidate Properties is on).

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262
    edited June 25

Since you've already well rigged the house as a figure, you may use Conditional Graft to hide them... i.e. one Property to toggle Hide & Show. For instance, Hide Front Wall, Hide Back Wall, Hide All Walls.... Hide All Doors, Hide All Windows... etc.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Lucky13guyLucky13guy Posts: 60

crosswind said:

Since you've already well rigged the house as a figure, you may use Conditional Graft to hide them... i.e. one Property to toggle Hide & Show. For instance, Hide Front Wall, Hide Back Wall, Hide All Walls.... Hide All Doors, Hide All Windows... etc.

YES! This! This is exactly what I was looking to accomplish. Thank you! laugh 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262

Lucky13guy said:

crosswind said:

YES! This! This is exactly what I was looking to accomplish. Thank you! laugh 

All right !  Maybe you've already known how to set Conditional Grafts but just in case... here's the tutorial https://youtu.be/m-Zy1CpDi9s?si=6V_OYQSFn12U7dwf

• Lucky13guyLucky13guy Posts: 60

crosswind said:

All right !  Maybe you've already known how to set Conditional Grafts but just in case... here's the tutorial https://youtu.be/m-Zy1CpDi9s?si=6V_OYQSFn12U7dwf

Thanks! That's the same tutorial I ended up finding. Super easy to follow.