A few Studio rendering questions

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560

I have a few quick questions about Studio rendering that I hope someone might be able to help with. Thanks in advance.

- What does Post SSIM and its options do in the Progressive Rendering menu?
- What use is there for rendering out a Normal map canvas?
- I read a comment where someone mentioned adjusting subsurface rendering path lengths or something similar. Does anyone know where that option can be found?

Thanks again.

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,525
    edited June 26

SnowSultan said:

I have a few quick questions about Studio rendering that I hope someone might be able to help with. Thanks in advance.

- What does Post SSIM and its options do in the Progressive Rendering menu?
    - What use is there for rendering out a Normal map canvas?
    - I read a comment where someone mentioned adjusting subsurface rendering path lengths or something similar. Does anyone know where that option can be found?

Thanks again.

1) I've never personally used it, but there's some documentation here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5534391/?_gl=1*1132x73*_up*MQ..#Comment_5534391
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_similarity_index_measure may also be helpful.

2) Mostly post processing, such as using an external denoiser (where providing albedo and normal data allows the denoiser to tell whether there's a deliberate detail there or not), certain filters that might benefit from depth and normal information, or it's possible to use them when feeding an image to an AI img2img generator to help the AI understand the geometry of the scene.

3) Currently, only in the Public Beta versions.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560

Thank you. Still no clue what SSIM is, lol.   :)   I didn't know the public betas had new added new features, it's almost impossibe to follow those update threads.