Can't get the dforce sleeve simulation that I want

I've been using vyk's Show Stealer dress which is great, but the sleeves seem to be body hugging at the wrists while drooping at the elbows (pls see attachment). How do I get it to flow more, so that it droops at the wrists like in the right image?

dforce.png
3408 x 1956 - 711K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

According to promos it is modelled to be tight at the wrist.

You could create a morph in a modeller, or use a (2) d-former, but that would be more fiddly as I see it.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262

Yes, it seems to me a tight design...

Well, if you know some of Blender, use Grab and Smooth brush to make a loose morph on the sleeves... if you have Mesh Grabber, just drag it.

You may not directly make it with dForce, but if you have the product dForce Magnet, you can easily make it with a Timeline.

SNAG-2024-6-27-076.png
    2023 x 1307 - 614K
  • RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265
    crosswind said:

Well, if you know some of Blender, use Grab and Smooth brush to make a loose morph on the sleeves... if you have Mesh Grabber, just drag it.

You may not directly make it with dForce, but if you have the product dForce Magnet, you can easily make it with a Timeline.

Thanks crosswind and felis, in this image that you attached, did youa achieve this with blender or dforce magnet? It looks splendid.
    crosswind said:

Thanks crosswind and felis, in this image that you attached, did youa achieve this with blender or dforce magnet? It looks splendid.

Usually I make these in Blender but this time I just gave it a couple of drags with Mesh Grabber.

However, I further checked this suit, the surface setup of the sleeves were really not for "loose design"... the above mentioned solutions would be just workarounds for this unique requirement, which means each time after you pose the figure, you have to tweak these things... unless you "remake" these sleeves 1st of all...

So there's a dress which I custom modified in blender to get the result that I want, for example loose sleeves. When I export the morph back to DAZ it works fine ONLY for the particular character that the dress was imported from, because I realized that when I applied this morph to other characters of different sizes that wear the same dress, the blender morph not only changes the sleeves to become loose (the part which I edited in blender), but also changes the entire shape of the clothing to become the shape of the dress that conformed to the original character's body, so everything is out of proportion. Obviously this isn't desired because I want to create a universal morph of loose sleeves that applies to that dress for each and every character of whatever size, just like how toggling the brow squeeze morph affects only the brows and doesn't change the entire face shape to become whatever base character's face shape. How do I achieve this?
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

You should model clothing off of the base figure, rather than a particular character.

Gordig said:

You should model clothing off of the base figure, rather than a particular character.

I tried that with G8F base, with a test morph of left sleeve deformation with the rest of the dress untouched, and a separate morph for the right sleeve - modeled after setting the dress back to zero, so the left sleeve is left untouched as I sculpted the right sleeve. I applied the left sleeve morph first in DAZ, but when I applied the right sleeve morph, the left sleeve got slightly affected as well. Is this to be expected or am I missing out on something?

edited June 27

If you want to create separate morph on Left / Right sleeve, you either just sculpt on one side, create a one-side morph first, then use Morph Mirroring option in Morph Loader Pro (MLP) to create the morph on the other side...

or, turn on Symmetry in Blender before sculpting, then use Attenuate By option in MLP to create two morphs separately on each side.

Follow the settings of MLP in ss2. And to avoid potential "mesh movement", always turn off Enable Smoothing beforehand.

SNAG-2024-6-27-086.png
    2560 x 1392 - 829K
    SNAG-2024-6-27-088.png
    729 x 645 - 54K
    SNAG-2024-6-27-089.png
    2023 x 1307 - 350K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Are you exporting the OBH for morphing zeroed or with a pose applied to the figure? If it is posed are you checking Reverse Deformations in the import options (so that the morph is just the changes you made)?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Merged threads since they run into each other.

Are you exporting the OBH for morphing zeroed or with a pose applied to the figure? If it is posed are you checking Reverse Deformations in the import options (so that the morph is just the changes you made)?

I export both g8f and the dress at their zeroed positions (with the dress fitted to G8F), and I export them as separate obj files. Mesh smoothing is set to zero and mesh resolution is set to base. Reverse deformations are always set to Yes. Am I missing something out?
    edited June 27

I just noticed why the problem exists - when I first exported the dress from G8F to Blender, that dress was already modified with Fit Control for Genesis 8 morphs. So I added sculpting on this already-modified dress in Blender, and then re-exported it to DAZ. When I applied the two separate Blender morphs that don't intersect with each other, somehow the second morph would further deform the dress in other areas which the morph isn't supposed to affect. When I tested this double-separate-morph method with the original unmodified dress (i.e. exporting the original unmodified dress to Blender and then creating two separate non-intersecting morphs there), the two morphs work only within their areas, i.e. they work perfectly fine. So can I confirm that this Blender method of separate morphs will only work with unmodified, original versions of the dress? Because of yes, I can see that there'll be problems in the future, I may work on new morphs one after another and if I export the dresses that are morphed stage by stage, this will cause the different morphs to malfunction in DAZ (makes no sense to sculpt on the original dress in Blender when I've already made quite a few modifications to the dress).

Post edited by RobertDy on
    edited June 27

Nope... it's irrelevant to Blender at all. We've said above, use Base figure to make clothing as well as morphs, which means you should not dial any morphs on the figure, including the morph like the product Fit Control as it'll project morphs onto the Wearables.

So the best way is always load a a Genesis xx Dev Load, and dial no morph on it before making these stuff. The only time when you need to dial morphs on the figure is to fix FBMs/PBMs as needed.

Post edited by crosswind on
    edited June 28

crosswind said:

Nope... it's irrelevant to Blender at all. We've said above, use Base figure to make clothing as well as morphs, which means you should not dial any morphs on the figure, including the morph like the product Fit Control as it'll project morphs onto the Wearables.

So the best way is always load a a Genesis xx Dev Load, and dial no morph on it before making these stuff. The only time when you need to dial morphs on the figure is to fix FBMs/PBMs as needed.

Nope, doesn't work. So I modeled two separate morphs using the base G8F and the original unmodified dress. It works perfectly fine with the base G8F model only. When I fit that same dress onto a different G8F character of a larger size and proportions, dialing those morphs also morphed the entire area of the dress to become smaller, meaning that these morphs are trying to get the dress to become the size of the original G8F base. Please tell me that I'm missing something out, if not I'll have to model all these morphs again and again for the same dress that fits on different characters.

Post edited by RobertDy on

RobertDy said:

crosswind said:

Nope, doesn't work. So I modeled two separate morphs using the base G8F and the original unmodified dress. It works perfectly fine with the base G8F model only. When I fit that same dress onto a different G8F character of a larger size and proportions, dialing those morphs also morphed the entire area of the dress to become smaller, meaning that these morphs are trying to get the dress to become the size of the original G8F base. Please tell me that I'm missing something out, if not I'll have to model all these morphs again and again for the same dress that fits on different characters.

That was why I said one would need to fix FBM on the Wearable if there's any distortion or deformation issue. That's the routine job for a clothing maker... Here's another example down below:

- The shirt has no issue on Base figure but on George whose body shape is pretty unique. If I further dial the sleeve rollup morph I just made on the shirt with Base, it'll certainly be further wrongly deformed. (screenshots 1 ~ 2)
    - So firstly, I should fix George's FBM on the shirt. Then the shape of the shirt as well as Sleeve RollUp Morph will be much better. (screenshots 3 ~ 6).

The principle is: you need to firstly tweak the shirt to well fit on the character by fixing FBM, then further finetune those partial morphs that you made on the shirt as needed.

SNAG-2024-6-28-097.png
    2560 x 1392 - 841K
    SNAG-2024-6-28-099.png
    2560 x 1392 - 826K
    SNAG-2024-6-28-105.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-6-28-101.png
    2560 x 1392 - 701K
    SNAG-2024-6-28-106.png
    2560 x 1392 - 669K
    SNAG-2024-6-28-108.png
    2560 x 1392 - 661K