Problem with texture clipping into the character (Genesis 9)

Hello, i just came accros this problem and i dont know how to fix this, and the part clipping out is not the "Genesis 9 Mouth" so cant adjust it's placement to get rid of it. 

If anyone got an idea on how it can be fixed, it would be very much appreciated :) 

image_2024-06-27_205559392.png
1011 x 916 - 525K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037

Does it do that in a render? Are those the base materials or an additoonal set?

• PolytheGonePolytheGone Posts: 9
    edited June 27

Richard Haseltine said:

Does it do that in a render? Are those the base materials or an additoonal set?

Hey, thanks for your answer, i put a morph on a Squishy Human for Genesis 9, then applied a Material from another character, and it shows in render yes, same color as the inside of the mouth (red) 

Seems like it only happen when an expression is close to being maxed out

image_2024-06-27_213800622.png
    763 x 829 - 496K
    Post edited by PolytheGone on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037

Ah, I can see in that new iamge that the issue is that the inner skin has deformed less than the outer. I would apply a Push Modifier, from Edit>Figure>Geometry, then add a Push Modifier Weight Node, from the Create menu, and use the Node Weightmap brush tool to paint the proturing area so that it moves inwards and doesn't intersect with the outer skin.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,363

I don't know if you've dialed any full head morph from a character (if so, better name it...) or you just customized this G9 figure yourself... but it seems to me a rigging issue. You better firstly try Adjust Eye Rigging function in G9's Dev tool with head morph selected in Edit mode (screenshot 1)

It'll adjust / correct the rigging of both Eyes and Mouth. Then dial Jaw Open to see if it's solved or not...

SNAG-2024-6-28-092.png
    948 x 1258 - 157K
    edited June 29

crosswind said:

I don't know if you've dialed any full head morph from a character (if so, better name it...) or you just customized this G9 figure yourself... but it seems to me a rigging issue. You better firstly try Adjust Eye Rigging function in G9's Dev tool with head morph selected in Edit mode (screenshot 1)

It'll adjust / correct the rigging of both Eyes and Mouth. Then dial Jaw Open to see if it's solved or not...

Thanks for the feedback, idk if i understood it wrong but i got an error message when i try the step u tell, am i doing it wrong?   And yes i used several different morph that i condensed in blender to only have one morph.

image_2024-06-29_192117653.png
    1784 x 661 - 433K
    Post edited by PolytheGone on

Richard Haseltine said:

Ah, I can see in that new iamge that the issue is that the inner skin has deformed less than the outer. I would apply a Push Modifier, from Edit>Figure>Geometry, then add a Push Modifier Weight Node, from the Create menu, and use the Node Weightmap brush tool to paint the proturing area so that it moves inwards and doesn't intersect with the outer skin.

I dont think mesh grabber works here, i tried but everything always come together.  And i might look tutorials on Push Modifier and Node Weightmap because now i am lost with ur instruction ^^ Thanks a lot! i keep trying to solve it

image_2024-06-29_192917533.png
    855 x 606 - 334K
    edited June 29

PolytheGone said:

crosswind said:

Thanks for the feedback, idk if i understood it wrong but i got an error message when i try the step u tell, am i doing it wrong?   And yes i used several different morph that i condensed in blender to only have one morph.

You need to turn on Edit mode in Parameters pane, and select the character's Head Morph property before doing this Adjust Eye Rigging action. And this process may take some time (1 ~ 3 mins) depending on different character's morph(s) ...

SNAG-2024-6-30 006.png
    2029 x 1392 - 387K
    Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

PolytheGone said:

crosswind said:

You need to turn on Edit mode in Parameters pane, and select the character's Head Morph property before doing this Adjust Eye Rigging action. And this process may take some time (1 ~ 3 mins) depending on different character's morph(s) ...

The issue is i dont really have a "head morph" applied, i combined everything in one morph 

PolytheGone said:

crosswind said:

PolytheGone said:

crosswind said:

The issue is i dont really have a "head morph" applied, i combined everything in one morph 

image_2024-06-29_201438492.png
    763 x 465 - 91K

Oh, if so... that'll make things complicated. You should split that single character morph into Head Morph and Body Morph by using the default HeadSplit dFormer. That will help to avoid quite a few troubles and will be much easier for any tweaking and fixing in terms of morphing and rigging...

Refer to Jay's tutorial in here - https://youtu.be/PnPOD_d2GOs?si=3VXjuPKbybhOoduX

crosswind said:

Oh, if so... that'll make things complicated. You should split that single character morph into Head Morph and Body Morph by using the default HeadSplit dFormer. That will help to avoid quite a few troubles and will be much easier for any tweaking and fixing in terms of morphing and rigging...

Refer to Jay's tutorial in here - https://youtu.be/PnPOD_d2GOs?si=3VXjuPKbybhOoduX

Oh great! i didnt know what to do now that everything was condensed, seems like there's always a solution, and people doing the hard work before me :p, thanks a lot! i will tell you if it worked :) 

edited June 29

Okay!  I've never tried Adjust Eyes Rigging on a single character morph but maybe you can directly do it on that single character morph... as a pioneer, see what will happend, haha ~  If the result is weird or awful, don't save the scene ! Relaunch DS and reload the scene.

Post edited by crosswind on