Can't render

I spent all day setting up a scene. Now when I hit render I get an "can't render" error message. This is at the bottom of the log file:

2024-06-27 17:32:12.345 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.
2024-06-27 17:32:19.072 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 12.13 seconds

What the hell is going on?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Have you tried saving the scene and restarting DStudio?

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you tried saving the scene and restarting DStudio?

Many times. :(

edited June 28

I have to reboot the PC every time too, becasue DAZ doesn't close properly or crashes after a failed render attempt. And as I do, I get this error message. But then the pc restarts without me clicking on anything.

closingerror.jpg
    2059 x 1817 - 280K
    Post edited by lou_harper on

After much tedious testing I zeroed down to one prop. Once I removed it from the scene it rendered. :/

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262

Hmm, it's an asset issue...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
    What prop is it? Save the rest of us from having this problem.

barbult said:

What prop is it? Save the rest of us from having this problem.

It was the cauldron from Halloween Props, but I used it many times before without a problem. Also tested it again with a fresh scene and no issue. So something must've gotten corrupted.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

NvContainer... would most likely be part of the nVidia driver, which might well explain why the issue has only just started. Which (or witch) Halloween props?

Richard Haseltine said:

NvContainer... would most likely be part of the nVidia driver, which might well explain why the issue has only just started. Which (or witch) Halloween props?

A set by Hypertaf–not in the store anymore. But as I said, it works fine.